970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
I am still wondering about the C.T. option . How did the GoodYear Triple Tred work out for you comparing it to the BF Goodrich g-force Comp-2 , swingarm clearance and mileage wise ?
I am happy with both of those tires, they are very tight on the right side of the swing-arm. Mileage on the Goodyear was over 30,000 miles here is that thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?111197-Goodyear-Triple-Thread-tire-for-my-ST1300

I am running a Michelin Commander on the front of my ST right now and I like that tire so far. George has been running them on the rear of his ST1100 and getting over 15,000 miles on the rear.

Bike
'07 ST 1300 & '91 GW
STOC #
I am happy with both of those tires, they are very tight on the right side of the swing-arm. Mileage on the Goodyear was over 30,000 miles here is that thread https://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?111197-Goodyear-Triple-Thread-tire-for-my-ST1300

I am running a Michelin Commander on the front of my ST right now and I like that tire so far. George has been running them on the rear of his ST1100 and getting over 15,000 miles on the rear.
Mike , Do you remember on the Goodyear Triple Tred , what part of it was close to touching the R.H swingarm ? Like just lettering , graphics or something else not critical to the sidewall ?

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Mike , Do you remember on the Goodyear Triple Tred , what part of it was close to touching the R.H swingarm ? Like just lettering , graphics or something else not critical to the sidewall ?
The older Triple tread would not rub like I had but the newer model ones are just a tad bit wider and you will need to sand down just a small portion of the along the inside of the swing-arm as the sidewall will rub. It is easy to do as I have seen a few other ones that they had to do that to.

OP
OP
Aladinbama
Bike
97 ST1100 04 ST1300
STOC #
I just got these mounted and the first 100 or so feel pretty good.
I liked the 020 on the back and the Exedra on the front - they were sufficient. Hopefully this set will be a bit better.

craigstys

STOC #8621 Now on my 2nd ST1100
Bike
1999 ST1100X
STOC #
My ST1100 came with a Michelin Activ on the front and Commander II on the rear.

They were wearing like iron, but I never liked the front end feel of the Activ....and had a headshake at 40-45mph, which went completely away with a set of BT-023's.

This is the Pilot Activ I had on mine
pilotactiv.jpg
Great pic. Just study the overall tire carcass condition. Not bad, just appears stored outside weatherbeaten or older. I also observe slight cupping to one side with good tread depth remaining. The usual culprit of the no handed 45mph headshake that only new tires cure. Even though this one is good enough, I'm getting to the point when I feel they are not real round they are gone. Like the squared off rear ones. Just gives me another excuse to buy new ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom