The First 5k on my ST1100

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
Hi Folks, just a few lines about my bike so far! (5k)

I use the bike for mainly commuting 55miles a day six days a week, the bikes comfort is the key thing for me as my back gives me problems, the seat is standard but may be upgraded in the future. I have replaced the front tyre for a Pirelli Diablo Strada which is holding up well and is good in the wet, my rear will be replaced in another 2k which splits up the cost of buying a set at a time.

I had my MOT last week and passed with no problem, fitted new front pads and gave her an oil and filter change, mileage is now 54k.

The future is hopefully rosy for the bike as I really think it ticks 99% of the boxes, I want to get the s/arm off and refurbed in the next few weeks, also the rad, yokes and cross member need a wire brush and repaint, these are all things that I enjoy doing and the bike is easy to work on, I think the previous owners have been kind to her!!

I Have a trip up to the Orkney Islands in July which will be about 1500miles in total so cant wait for that, sun gods will be paid off in advance:bow1:.

Cheers
Chris

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Sounds like you and your ST11 are getting along well together. As Jim said, post some pics of your travels.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
I predict a long and happy friendship with your 1100 and it IS a DIY'ers dream to work on too. I've done 20 years on my '95 and have just started my next 10 years (hopefully, at least) on a '96 I bought last year. After 20 years on a stock seat, I've decided my arse would like a new saddle as well. Going for what this forum thinks is the best, a Russell Day Long. Good luck on your holiday ride!

Top Bottom