Removing Rear Fender Liner

Bike
1996 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Dropped the lock mechanism on my '96 ST 1100 ABS, so need to remove or cut the rear fender liner. Haynes does not give a step-by-step procedure for this. Anyone out there have a post for removal, or for cutting a piece out so I can repair the lock? Thanks Schal:confused:

OP
OP
Bike
1996 ST1100 ABS
STOC #
Thanks, John, good thoughts. However, I've tried this numerous times without success.

I need to either A) Remove the fender liner completely so I can access the lock mechanism, or B) Disconnect the cable at the key end to create enough slack at the latch end to perform this, or C) Cut an access point in the fender liner to access the mechanism. Any further suggestions, step-by-step or photos would be appreciated. Thanks, Schal:confused:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I read of someone in England (maybe the in the British Isles) that cut a hole in the fender and then repaired it when done.
If that fender is ABS (I haven't checked but, it could easily be ABS) it is easy to use gray ABS cement to repair.
I fixed a hole in the gray part of a saddle bag and you can barely find the fix.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
I just did a lock replacement on my 1991 ST1100.

I used a large screwdriver and placed it between the cross brace and the fender and pried down. This gave me just enough room to slide the lock out from between the brace and fender and allowed me to unhook the cable. It will take some force to do this but it is easier than pulling apart the bike.

Top Bottom