Minor knee surgery. Are you experienced?

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Surgery went well. Torn ligament, torn meniscus, bone contusion. I haven't received the official report with pictures. I guess he cleaned it up as well as possible. He did mention to Renee the possibility of a partial knee replacement in the future. I need to do some research.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Glad to know your surgery went well! Now take care of your knee keep up with the PT,rehab, and homework and you will be up and around soon enough!

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Hope you recover quickly or we will start calling you "hop-a-long".
Mike

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Good to hear your knee scope went well.
Sorry, I just saw this thread. Was going to recommend an MRI, as many others here did also.
Glad you got it taken care of today.
Hope you recover quickly!

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I am going to be darn sure nothing I do interferes with this time around. At least I don't have ice to contend with. Thanks for the well wishes.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Hang in there Glen. I am getting an injection on the 27th of this month. Then see my Ortho Doc 6-18. Time to get a game plan together on my knee. I'm tired of the pain. This year has not been good!
I think it is time to take out some aftermarket parts and install some new ones.

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
G'luck on that Keith. Maybe the injection will delay the knife.

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I neglected to mention I woke up during the procedure and wouldn't mention it now, but I keep having dreams about that huge needle he was working around inside my knee. Hurt real good. The anesthesiologist was standing down at the end of the table watching the doc. He finally nodded to someone out of my sight, and I remember nothing else but telling the doc how much it hurt and the pain of that needle. That's the second time I've become aware during surgery and I had informed them of my first, asking please don't let me wake up. For me, the worst part is, my doc didn't see me on my first check up. He had a PA talk to me. I have another appointment next month, and will insist to speak to the doc. Seems he's hiding out.

Other than that, PT is going well.

How did your injection go Keith?

Last edited:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I should know soon. I had it Monday. It is real sore now. I'm headed to Florida in the morning. I sure hope it gets to feeling better than it does now. The PA would not give me a thing for pain.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Papa, hope things improve.
Keith, hope the injection helps.
Just had my third injection of OrtheoVISC today. Brace guy called this am and said brace will be ready in couple of days. Asked doc this morning at appt just how long I need to try this b/4 actually doing a replacement. He said give it 6/8 weeks. Said the brace will straighten my leg and should help a lot. We'll see?

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Good luck to all of us, Ha! I've been told if a replacement is in order, not to do a partial, go ahead and get the full enchilada.

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Yeah, makes sense to me. If one side is worn out, the other may not be far behind.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Yeah, makes sense to me. If one side is worn out, the other may not be far behind.
Papa, true words are spoken. I'm dealing with the brace/injections in the right knee and starting to get that feeling sometimes in the left.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
745 miles today on my way to Florida. The first couple of hundred were quite painful! It got better. Still really sore though. I will find out something June 18th.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
745 miles today on my way to Florida. The first couple of hundred were quite painful! It got better. Still really sore though. I will find out something June 18th.
After the third injection of OsteoVISC, it has helped some and still waiting for the brace. Once I get it, I'll let you know of any improvement. Might be the way for you to try first?

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Tylenol for pain, Ibuprofen for inflammation Keith. Hope it improves quickly.

I bought a brace from Wal Mart that helps stabilize my knee, especially when walking in the field/uneven ground. It has the metal hinges on each side. It's hot and uncomfortable but protects against twisting the joint. It was < 20 bucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom