Minor knee surgery. Are you experienced?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Infections are nasty things to deal with. I guess that's why my surgeon does knee replacements in a 'moon suit'. He said the two biggest dangers are infections and blood clots. If you get past that and they are done right, you get many years of service. I just had my teeth cleaned yesterday, so I took my round of antibiotics like he recommends. Even my dentist hygienist checks and provides me with them if I forget. Prayers for Keith that he will get through this quickly!

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well we got back home around 2:00 am from the ER. We got there before 7:00 pm. They found nothing. No clot, No ection, X-ray looked good. They seem to think that I was pushing it too hard doing my rehab.
Judy the Warden is keep going a much closer eye on me now. It seems a little bit better tonight.

Last edited:

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well we got back home around 2:00 am from the ER. We got there before 7:00 pm. They found nothing. No clot, No ection, X-ray looked good. They seem to think that I was pushing it too hard doing my rehab.
Judy the Warden is keep going a much closer eye on me now. It seems a little bit better tonight.
Great news! My therapist told me there are two kinds of pain in rehab - bone pain and muscle pain. The first is not good, the second is normal. Kind of like the difference between a tooth ache and a head ache.

OP
OP
Papa

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Hoping the best for Keith. I was released at noon three days after my replacement and by 6 that night was back in the hospital with suspected nfection. Remained there for the next week with them running all kinds of tests. Had a pic line put in and had to do injections once I got home for the next 14 days. What a PIA. All of that and I didn't have any infection. Knee replacement was done last July 30 and it still isn't right. Wondering if it'll ever get back to normal?
I was told anywhere between 12 and 18 months for complete recovery. My range of motion is good, but the bone pain is more pronounced I guess because the muscle/leg pain is much better. It's a long road I reckon. Hopes that we all do as well as UP.:)

Top Bottom