Helmets Schuberth Helmet

Bike
2006 ST
I have the C3 but not the pro. The shield keeps coming down when I have it all the way up and I get above 40mph. Any ideas on how to keep the shield open on these models?

TPadden

Tom Padden
I have the C3 but not the pro. The shield keeps coming down when I have it all the way up and I get above 40mph. Any ideas on how to keep the shield open on these models?
It's supposed to do that: another case of safety police keeping you safe :(, If you want to keep the shield up at speed just remove it completely. It only takes seconds ........ otherwise Duct Tape (NASCAR approved).

TPadden

Tom Padden
I read somewhere that this issue was addressed on the new C3 Pro and the shield stays up at highway speeds.
I have both the Pro and Old C3; the Pro does stay up a little longer, maybe 60 mph but it still slams shut at speed (and I hate it when it does). My reply may have been a little sarcastic but on hot days I really do just remove the shield completely. :)

TPadden

Tom Padden
Thats too bad I never had that issue with my Nolan N104.
My issue with my Nolan was noise; the Schuberth is quieter with the face shield off than the Nolan was buttoned up. Like seats, everyone's preference is different, I've found nothing works for me like a Schuberth, others may hate it.

Tom

Bike
2006 ST
Tom I agree the Schuberth is the finest helmet that I've ever owned I just wish the shield would stay open. It is quiet and very comfortable much more than the Nolan.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
As Tom said, the C3 Pro shield is designed to close at speed. I am told that if you stick two of those furniture bumper pads under the shield it will increase the resistance and the shield will stay open.

Bike
1990 Yamaha XTZ750
That's because you're riding an old, slow, bike and live in an imaginary, faraway place :D!
I have to admit, the bike is old ('93) and from your point of view I do live in a faraway place (the neverlands), but she ain't slow (cruising at 120mph is nothing) ;-)

Bike
2006 ST
As Tom said, the C3 Pro shield is designed to close at speed. I am told that if you stick two of those furniture bumper pads under the shield it will increase the resistance and the shield will stay open.
I'm going to give this suggestion a try as it sounds reasonable. At this point anything would be an improvement to the shield slamming shut.

Bike
2004 Honda ST
Well finally got to take the c3pro out of the box. First off it is very comfortable. I did have to break it in as it was way too tight straight out of the box.

It is quieter than the noetech but still a little loud. Saying that its great with the ear plugs in.
Face shield holds open with no problems at any speed. Even cruising at 90. On my old Shoei I rarely closed the face shield.
I will say I did close my shield due to it being a little cool out (50-53) WOW was it nice and quiet.
Airflow no where near as good as they say. On top its ok and fully open it does bring a fair amount of air.
On the chin area, could be the fact I ride an st with a nice windshield, but it is almost nothing. I will be interested in seeing how this works in warmer weather.

Overall happy with the move and I will say I love being able to flip it up to get a fast drink or say something to others I am riding with.
Did 152 miles after work Wednesday and so far so good.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I've just ordered a Schuberth S2 Sport helmet. I've been using Shoei helmets since I first started motorcycling, and have always felt them to be premier helmets. I've been using a Shoei Neotec for the last two years.

But, while waiting in the LMS (Local Motorcycle Shop), I tried on a C3 Pro and was blown away with the fit, quality and how light it was!!

Unfortunately, I'm not all that interested in modular helmets anymore. My current Neotec is about the quietest and best ventilated modular I've owned to date, but I'm getting tired of the weight, and a bit tired of the compromises of modular (noise and ventilation) compared to a regular full face.

So, I ordered a S2.

My real question is if anyone has experience with helmet mounted speakers. I've always worn ear plugs for commuting and in-ear buds for listening to music or books while touring. With the Schubert SRC system, I'd be mortgaging my child for a wireless audio system, but will I be able to hear helmet speakers through my earplugs?

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
My real question is if anyone has experience with helmet mounted speakers. I've always worn ear plugs for commuting and in-ear buds for listening to music or books while touring. With the Schubert SRC system, I'd be mortgaging my child for a wireless audio system, but will I be able to hear helmet speakers through my earplugs?
I use the Sena SMH10 speakers in my Shoei Multitec, and I wear foam ear plugs. With the Sena and my iPhone turned all the way up, I can hear intercom, music and phone calls just fine, although sometimes I turn it down for some songs. Outside of a helmet, I believe I have pretty average hearing. Another point of reference... my brother has a new Shoei Neotec (modular). He says it's so quiet that he's had to turn his Sena down, compared to the same Sena in his old Bilt modular helmet.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I use the Sena SMH10 speakers in my Shoei Multitec, and I wear foam ear plugs. With the Sena and my iPhone turned all the way up, I can hear intercom, music and phone calls just fine, although sometimes I turn it down for some songs. Outside of a helmet, I believe I have pretty average hearing. Another point of reference... my brother has a new Shoei Neotec (modular). He says it's so quiet that he's had to turn his Sena down, compared to the same Sena in his old Bilt modular helmet.
Thanks for this reference. The last time I tried helmet mounted speakers, I couldn't hear a thing at highway speed. I'm guessing they've improved in the last decade!

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I don't own a Schuberth (Neotec here) but I do ride with foam earplugs and a Sena SMH10R system. I find that the music volume is fine at local, in-town speeds and a little low at highway speeds but I can still definitely hear it. Personally, I would rate the quality of the sound (depending on the original recording of the song) through the Sena system at a 7.

Skip

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Skip said it well... with foam ear plugs, great in town, a little low at highway speeds, but still very audible.

Top Bottom