Helmets Schuberth Helmet

Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
I am thinking about a new helmet, something light weight. Some of the new ultra light composite has my attention. Has anyone bought, worn, or have any experience with a Schuberth, C3 or C 3 Pro ?

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I use the C3 and like it. I will let someone else rate it's noise level. I use fitted ear buds that do an excellent job of blocking outside sound so I can't compare it to other lids I've worn.
The liner comes out easily for cleaning. The only rub I found is the detentes that hold the shield up are weak. But then my head is a bit higher than the average guy so it may be a moot point for you or something peculiar to mine.

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
I have the C3 and it is the best helmet I've ever owned. Really comfortable, warm in winter, cool in summer, and very quiet for a modular.

It has been superseded by the C3 Pro which is even better, including some vortex generators on the chin guard to cut down wind noise even more.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I have a C3Pro and like it. Took some time to break in but beautifully made, comfortable, quiet. If you get one, register it with Schuberth and if you have a get-off and "use" the helmet for its intended purpose, they'll pay part of the cost to replace it.

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
I tried the C3pro and found 1 pressure point on my pointy forehead, I wasn't willing to start carving up a $800 helmet to help the situation, I opted for the new HJC RHAPA also a modular and rates almost as high as being quiet, very comfortable and light. Everyones different. My 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
seawalker
Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
[QUOTE;1838244]I have just got a C3 pro and I am walking round like an idiot breaking it in. Its a bit tighter to put on than my RPHA 10 which is not modular. This was a great helmet, but the vents were not for a sit up riding position so to get air through you had to tilt you head down a bit. Never bothered me as I ride visor up most of the time. The C3 feels OK so far, but I also put in 2x cheek pads in the XL for my winter fat face. I hope they are as good as they make out.[/QUOTE]

Send pictures ! Lol

OP
OP
seawalker
Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
I just picked up a C3 Pro on ebay, new in the box for $ 100 cheaper than the dealer wanted. That give me 100 towards the motorrad bluetooth that is fully compatible with my RT

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
I have an Arai head (long oval) and the C3Pro didn't fit. Pressure point on the top of my forehead. I was hopeful it would fit as the spec's said it was more oval than prior versions. I still haven't found a modular that fits. :( The Arai rep at the motorcycle show a year ago hinted that Arai was coming out with one but sadly for me, not yet.

Bike
2011 ST1300
I've had a C3PRO for approximately two years now and its the best helmet I've owned. There's a real feeling of quality about it. I had a shoei before that and can't say I notice much if any difference in weight, but its a very comfortable helmet.

The sizing is a bit different than other helmets. I would suggest trying one on before buying rather than just going by the size.

I also have the Schuberth SRC comms. Haven't tried the bike to bike yet, but reception with everything else is good. The built in FM radio gives good reception. (its expensive though)

David

l84toff

Riding 2up around the world
Bike
Tiger Explorer 1200
I would suggest trying one on before buying rather than just going by the size.
+1

I would definitely make sure you have a chance to try it on, not only for proper fitment but also to see if you really like it.

Lori and I were both looking for new lids last year and had it narrowed down to the C3 Pro and the Shoei Neotec. I would have happily spent the extra cash for the C3 but really did not find any difference between them comfort wise, weight wise or feel while walking around in the store. Lori was excited because the C3 Pro came in a women's specific version. Initially she decided to go with the C3 Pro but after trying them on a second time several weeks later, she changed her mind for the same reasons as me. The C3 didn't feel like it was that much better while wearing indoors to warrant the price difference. I had also read quite a few folks complaining of pressure points with the C3's and some C3 Pro's. Just for giggles I also tried on the HJC RPHA Max but there was no comparison for me.

Now spec wise, I do believe the C3 Pro is supposed to be slightly quieter, but since I wear ear protection 99% of the time, this is less of an issue for me. Another plus for Shuberth is that they will replace your helmet (once I believe) for a fraction of the original cost should you have an accident. There are definitely plenty of satisfied C3 Pro customers out there so I'm not knocking the helmet. The Neotec is by far the quietest helmet that I have ever worn, although in all fairness my previous lids were HJC's, not exactly known for their quietness.

All this is very subjective anyway, just sharing my experience. I think they are both the cream of the crop helmets and you definitely can't go wrong with the quality of either one. Incidentally we have well over 40,000 km's with our Neotec's now and we both love them.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I am thinking about a new helmet, something light weight. Some of the new ultra light composite has my attention. Has anyone bought, worn, or have any experience with a Schuberth, C3 or C 3 Pro ?
When I was shopping a few years ago, Schuberths were considered to be one of the heavier helmets. Having never tried one, I cannot speak about the C3 model, but I liked my first S1 so much that I bought a second one (which is still sitting unused in its box on a closet shelf).

OP
OP
seawalker
Bike
2014 R1200RT W
STOC #
When I was shopping a few years ago, Schuberths were considered to be one of the heavier helmets. Having never tried one, I cannot speak about the C3 model, but I liked my first S1 so much that I bought a second one (which is still sitting unused in its box on a closet shelf).
I went to the dealer and tried on two or three sizes and settled on the Large
I bought a C 3 Pro on ebay for about $100 cheaper than the dealer. I went to the local BMW dealer, Bloodworth and had them add the BMW Motoraad Bluetooth. The helmet fits a bit snug after the Bluetooth was added. But after wearing it, the helmet is fitting better, at least it seems to. The size XL was a bit large so I bought the L. I am wondering if I should have bought the Xl then added the Bluetooth. When I bought my ST I also bought a HJC helmet which was okay, but within a year I bought a Nolan N 103 which I like really well, and I thought it was light but the C3 Pro makes it feel like a boat anchor sitting on my head and neck

Last edited:
Bike
2006 ST1300A
FWIW, my XXL (I have a big head) helmet felt very snug when new, but the padding did break in after some time and I then found it very comfortable. I bought a Nolan once & quickly sold it. I was disappointed with it, but I cannot recall exactly why. I believe it may have been because it was noisy. Though the Schuberth S1 is a tad bit on the heavy side, the pros still outweigh the cons. I like the quiet and how well water stays off the inside of the faceshield, but adding a Pinlock made it the cream of the crop ... no more fogging. I was fortunate and bought my two Schuberths before they re-entered the US market. A distributor was selling off his Schuberth inventory cheap, and I bought both for less than $600.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I've had my Shuberth for 3 years. It was VERY tight during break-in. Now it fits like a glove. Note that if you drop it and the shield gets scratched - $80. Yoou also cannot relocate the inner fog screen to the new face shield with much luck - $40 for new. It's an expensive helmet and I cant say its quieter than others I've had. For my next helmet I'll save the $200-300 and get something else.

Bike
ST1300
I too find the C3 very comfortable and silent. I do have to note though that the visor won't stay open at all speeds (and I'd like to decide for myself whether or not the thing closes!). I also had the little slider knob for the sun visor break off, but that was fixed as a service. Did have to borrow another helmet in the meantime though, as it took them 2 weeks to fix . .

Quite nice - but not too cheap - is the comms colar which allows for bike-to-bike conversation. Great helmet integration!

Last edited:
Bike
2007 ST 1300
I have had a C3 for 2 years and it was tight new but after 2 or 3 weeks fitted like glove. My only complaint is visor dropping as speed picks up. This is annoying but other wise probably best helmet I have owned

JQL

Growing old disgracefully :)
Bike
NT700VA
I've noted the speed at which my visor drops is also dependant on the Screen height.

With the screen in the lowest position my visor drops at about 32 mph. A timely reminder to slow down in town!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
i stumbled upon a cure on my wing when I made a wedge block to chang the angle and move the shield forward increasing the gap. I ride all the time with the helmet shield up, and it only occasionally closes when I meet something and the air is very dirty.
I will post pics from my phone in a bit.

Top Bottom