Helmets Schuberth Helmet

Bike
2010 ST1300
+1 on the auto close visor. But, when I'm riding with my screen down (usually sub 65 mph) I look at this as a nice reminder that I should not be riding with the visor up. And yes, I always wear prescription glasses so I do have some eye protection. I do ride with the visor cracked or up behind a fully raised shield. No problems then.

Many years ago, while wearing a half face helmet (not sure the correct term, but it was essentially a modular with the chin bar/visor removed) I picked up a big bug/bee on my Triumph that did not die when he hit my face but continued to buzz and thrash around between my temple and the helmet. I freaked out in my mind, while calmly slowing down and, pulling off onto the shoulder, and I tore the helmet off as fast as I could. This could easily have been a disaster. I would not want the same to happen with a bike as big and heavy as my ST. Nor would I want it to happen in heavy traffic or dangerous riding conditions.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
I think you're talking about a 3/4 helmet. I had a similar incident when a bee got trapped under my 3/4 helmet next to my ear. I surprised myself with how hast I stopped that Yamaha 650 twin off a 2-lane highway, into the gravel (stayed upright), and ejected the helmet ... oh ... at least least 12 feet away.

Bike
ST1300
Had something like that with a wasp, 20+ years ago . . It seems it managed to get itself in my helmet via one of the vents (long before the Schuberth helmet!), and merrily started stinging me in the face here and there. I somehow managed to stay calm, stop safely and open the visor as I already felt taking the helmet off would cause me more discomfort! Lateron it was nearly impossible to take the helmet off as my face had swollen quite a bit!

Bike
2005 ST1300
I picked up a used C3 with a Uclear bluetooth system installed off advrider for 400 I love the helmet and the Uclear system. I saw that Revzilla has the Schuberth S2 on sale for 375 in the same red white blue pattern that the africa twin is going to have. :poPoST1:

Bike
2012 honda ST1300
STOC #
Very quiet , but does not rate as high as cheaper helmets in crash test, just below average rating in crash test. The are only a hand full of modular helmets that rate above average or higher in a crash. If you have a round head it would be better than an oval head on fit.

Bike
2021 Tracer 9GT
STOC #
My Nolan N104 is still a good helmet, but after four years it is getting a little long in the tooth. Two things I don't like about is that the shell is just huge, because, I have a big head, and it is loud.
I was at Bloodworth in Nashville about two weeks ago and tried on a C3 Pro in XXL for my big old head and it fit perfectly. In the past Schulbreths were more round, now they appear to be more oval, like a Signet Q. I started to buy the one I tried on, but for $769 plus our draconian TN sales tax, I backed away quickly. Then I went home and got on eBay - lo and behold, a guy had one just like the one I tried on, worn twice, perfect condition, for $400 plus shipping. I bought that puppy, and it arrived within two days exactly as described. So far I love the thing. Lightweight and much quieter. Don't love the price of the dark smoke shield I bought from Twisted Throttle.
I don't feel bad about buying the helmet from someone besides that dealership. They have received my pound of flesh, many times. I bought a new Ducati from them and have it serviced there.

Bike
2006 ST
I have the C3. It's a quiet helmet and my only issue is like others have already indicated, the dang shield will not stay open above about 45mph. That really does suck!

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
I have a c3basic. Last one was a caberg justissisimo. Schuberth maaaaybe just a bit more quiet in high speeds, but then again I would have to open the visor not to get suffocated...and the noise came back.
The amazing difference to me is the difference in optical interferrence/disturbance/errors.
The Schubert is like having a new pair of glasses.
Stu

Bike
BMW K1600GT
I just preordered the E1 adventure from MAX BMW in NorthHampton, NH at a 20 percent discount. They will ship the new helmets in Mid-March. If any of you are in the market, you can only get this discount if you call or e-mail Jeremy Leafe at the accessories/parts dept

His contact info is:

Jeremy Leafe
MAX BMW Motorcycles
209 Lafayette Road - US Route 1
North Hampton, NH 03862
603-964-2877 X-123
603-828-2498 Call/Text
MAX BMW Motorcycles | New & Used BMW Motorcycles | BMW Motorcycle Parts
email is jeremy@maxbmwmotorcycles.com

They also discount the full line of Schuberth at the same rate but you must call or e-mail Jeremy.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Old thread, new deal. I just picked up a new C3 Pro Classic, 1/3 off. As long as you know what you want; the catch is it is shipped from Madrid, shipping was $74, and they require an ID jpg to prove it's you. The same helmet at Revzilla etc is $829 http://www.revzilla.com/schuberth-helmets?utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=6146958&PublisherName=VigLink, from MotardInn $491 https://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-equipment/schuberth-c3-pro-classic/1239173/p

With the expensive shipping; $564 and at my door in 4 days.
All their prices on Schuberth seem VERY good and unlike others the seem to have all models and sizes; https://www.motardinn.com/motorcycle-equipment/helmets-flip-up/8002/s@&fsubfamilia=8002_&fmarca=319_&fprecioMin=&fprecioMax=&f_orden=

Again you have to know what you want because I'm not shipping anything back at those DHL prices :D.

Last edited:
Bike
2018 GL1800 Airbag
STOC #
I was going to order from them but at checkout they kept listing the address as in the UK. After 2 tries, I gave up. The chinstrap is of the european ratcheting design. I wish I had ordered it. I ended up with a Shoei Neotec and it it too loud for my taste. I made some windshield changes, so I'm going to try my old Shoei to make sure it is the helmet.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Very happy with my C3 Pro, very quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to order from MotardInn again, as long as I was sure what I wanted.

amorley

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 BMW K1600GTS
2024 Miles
SPOT
LINK
I replaced a dropped Shoei Neotec with a Hi-Viz Yellow C3 Pro. Love it so ordered one for my best friend! Expensive but you only have one head!

Bike
2004 Honda ST
Just bougth the c3 pro. Had a shoei neotech but it was too loud for me. Sold it to a friend on a gs1200 and she loves it. Revzilla has the c3pro for $539 and free shipping if anyone still looking. So
far I am breaking it in and feels good but I dont like the chin strap, hits my throat a little. Oh well, we shall see in a few months

Bike
'04 ST1300 - Blue
I went back and forth between the C3pro and Arai Signet Q Pro Tour. Arai won out because I found one on closeout but the Schuberth really is a nice lid.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Had c3 for 2 years now very happy , pin lock screen is great recommend. Had Nolan before this helmet which was lighter but love the flip face of C3

Top Bottom