Alternate Part Numbers, which to order ??

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I'm looking to do a clutch job in the future and need to replace all the exhaust gaskets and clamps when re-installing the exhaust system, so I have been looking up part numbers on Partszilla. ( '98 ST1100 )

However, two part numbers are listed for the exhaust pipe to head ( 18291-MT3-000 and 18291-MN4-920 ) and after each part number , the quantity "4" is given.

Same thing with the part number for the clamp used where the R exhaust manifold slips into the L exhaust manifold, except THREE different part numbers are listed.

None of the part numbers are indicated to supercede the other(s). Just for the heck of it, I looked up the part numbers for a 2002 ST1100 and found the same numbers.

Anyone got an idea on what part numbers I should order, or does it not matter ??

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Often, "superseding" part numbers are just different sources for the same part. Far as I know, all 1100 exhausts and parts are the same. Some differences in the water pump, carbs, and cams over the years but nothing else significant. I know the basic motors are all interchangeable, year to year.

OP
OP
Jim Van
Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
take a look at this fiche page, it mentions the replacements of one part # for another. BTW, this link is for a '97, I think if you change 1997 to 1998 in the link you'll get the '98 page instead, but the numbers are likely the same anyway.

http://www.westernhonda.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2501345&category=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1997&fveh=132013
Thank you, sir !! The Partzilla fiche doesn't give that info. , BTW.

Those Honda muffler and exhaust clamps are expensive , even for a stainless steel part. I may see if I can substitute a Moto Guzzi clamp from MGcycle.com . They give the diameter for all the clamps they sell. Maybe some can sub for the Honda sizes.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Thank you, sir !! The Partzilla fiche doesn't give that info.
Yeah, that's kinda weird, isn't it? I would have thought they all direct you to the same Honda fiche pages, but apparently that's not the case. But on second thought, since they all set their own prices, the picture box is probably common, but the text below with the descriptions and prices may be unique to each vendor.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Jim, try Ron Ayers. Their fiches showed/indicated superceded part numbers the last time I looked. Which was different than all the other online sites at the time. FWIW

John
via iPhone 4S

Last edited:
Top Bottom