caliper rebuild kits

Does anyone know the part numbers for the front and rear kits from K&L? I tried ordering some yesterday, and the "guy" said he didn't have a listing for the 1100. If you have any other recommendations or resources, I would appreciate those too.
thanks to anyone with that info.
Steve in Montreal

Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
My experience surfing the web is that you get the Honda OEM seals & pistons individually cheaper than a K&L kit for most bikes. The ST1100 caliper pistons seem to resist corrosion well, so piston seals and dust seals are about all you will need.

Clean out the seal grooves completely, without scoring the groove. I heat the crud up with a propane / MAPP torch and then use wooden tooth picks to scrape out the crud, using an angled pair of alligator pliers to hold the tooth picks.

OP
OP
Thanks for the advice. I don't really live near a dealer, so was looking for something mail order. I think a trip to the dealer is probably in order. I think I will take things apart first to see exactly what I need.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Thanks for the advice. I don't really live near a dealer, so was looking for something mail order. I think a trip to the dealer is probably in order. I think I will take things apart first to see exactly what I need.
Order what you need online and get delivery to your door. Partzilla in the USA has better pricing than what you will see from a Canadian dealer, although shipping and exchange rate needs to be considered. Order other things you may need in the future, like brake pads. That helps make the shipping costs more worthwhile.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Excel Honda on Pare off of Decarie in TMR will often try to match or come close to the online price if he can depending on what the part is. Worth a try if you are in that part of Montreal.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
partszilla.com for Honda parts. Prices compare to other sites but their shipping is much cheaper.

Agree with others here, fluid and dust seals are all that's needed. I have nearly 600,000 miles on my three STs and have never replaced a piston. Working on STick's front brakes right now, caliper rebuild and new pads before departing in a week for IL/IN.

Top Bottom