Repair Manuals

Bike
96' ST1100
STOC #
Which Repair Manual is the choice of the Forum ??
Clymers or Haynes ?? I have average repair skills.
Also, are there any good ST repair shops in the Los Angeles area ??
Wayne Cornell
Glendora , CA
91' ST

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Hi Wayne. For that classic '91 ST1100 of yours (and mine) I highly recommend the Honda Service Manual over the aftermarket versions.

John
via iPhone 4S

Bike
2010 ST1300
Factory manual for any bike is the starting point. Other publications might add shortcuts and pictures, but imho you need to start with the factory and go on from there.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have the Clymer and the Honda; both are good.
If I had a Hanes I'd burn it before selling it because I wouldn't want anyone else to get right to the point you need to know what is what and the Hane's will say something like: If you need further help take it to a motorcycle mechanic... POS manuals really.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
If I had a Hanes I'd burn it before selling it because I wouldn't want anyone else to get right to the point you need to know what is what and the Hane's will say something like: If you need further help take it to a motorcycle mechanic... POS manuals really.
I always use the Honda, but the photos in the others do come in pretty handy sometimes.

Bike
1992 ST1100
STOC #
I'm with you, Mark. Clymer manuals are easier to read and the illustrations are a little different if you need another view. I use both when working on the bike. If you had to have just one, get the factory manual.

Top Bottom