This old age just SUX

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I spent my fair share of time in the CPM machine myself. I'm sure I'll get to do it again myself.
Glad you are home. And hope you are back on your feet soon.
Chuck and I are playing in high country in Colorado on are DR's. He says get well soon.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Do they have warranty repair when she wears out the artificial ones?
Unfortunately she snapped the SS bolt's head off the pad the last time... she went in because she said she felt like the knee was 'locking up'... Your knee would too if it had the head of a bolt floating around in it! :)

It was between the pad and the SS head so it caused no pain or damage to any of 'Chris'.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Sorry to hear of the complications, Gary, but glad to hear you're back home. Maggie recently had a liver infection and they also sent her home from the hospital with a PICC line and 7 hand-grenade sized antibiotic bombs. Once a day I got to clean her up and hook her up for an hour. A week later she was all good to go. Hope you have a positive outcome as well.

John

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Latest update-had appt with infectious disease doc yesterday. He said that every blood test they took came back negative for any infection. I guess that is good but couldn't explain why the fever and swelling that put me back in the hospital 6 hours after my discharge from the surgical unit. Did I spend those 5 extra days in there hooked up continuously for nothing? Also yesterday the nurse pulled my PICC line. So was able to take a real shower last night. Almost heaven.

Now I will continue with the therapy torture that I'm on. 2 more weeks of in home therapy and then a couple weeks of out patient therapy. In addition, I have a set of exercises that I have to do twice daily. Trying to break down the scar tissue in there.

Even though I have pain from the surgery when I walk, I don't feel the type of pain I had before with the bone on bone. So guessing the future outlook is good.

Want to thank everyone for the good wishes. Really makes one feel good about this family that I'm part of.
Gary

Attachments

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
My wife and I bought a 1965 Thunderbird Landau sometime back with the intent of restoring it. We drove it around for three months, making notes about mechanical weaknesses that needed to be fixed and got started. First week went fine. Next, my lower back muscles went rock hard, inflexible and I hit the ground. Took steroid shots directly into the muscles (three treatments) to get them to relax enough for me to hobble around. After 'only' three months I could sleep the night through without one or both cramping somewhat...hurt enough to get me up the rest of the night. Two years back, I bought a new set of brake lines (old ones were weeping fluid through the tubes themselves) and pulled the old ones off. When I was installing a new rear brake splitter, the one just over the differential...guess what? Happened again. Sooooo, no more cars, I simply can't contort like I used to without taking myself out of action too long. That's something I simply don't have time for at my age....too much to do and see.

Bikes are another thing...no abnormal back positions required for me.

Putting the T'Bird up for sale soon to remove temptation.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Glad to hear that things are looking up for you Gary. as hard as you can. It is a short window to reach your goal.

Top Bottom