This old age just SUX

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Wow Gary you are right that sucks. I hope the injections give you some relief.

Keep in mind that if you come to Colorado for RockStoc there is relief on almost every corner. :)

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
Sorry to hear this. And I agree it truly does SUX. Hard to make plans sometimes knowing the unexpected happens more frequently than any of us more mature people like to admit. Wishing you success with the shots and brace.

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
Good luck with the treatments! I hope the recovery goes well. I will ride some for you when you are down for maintenance.

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Hey Gary, yea golden years their arse.....:mad: Been through several arguments with my 67 year old frame here of late so I know of what you write .;) we send best wishes for some pain relief for continued rides and comfort as well.

Hope to see you this summer...

Best, Ed

Bike
'06 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Yeah, guys, but we do get a lot of free stuff!!! ;-) Unfortunately, I guess it doesn't really make up for everything else, does it? ;-) Like Gorbachev said, "you're born, you suffer, you die." Or, one I read today from some lady's obituary, "I was born, I blinked, I'm dead."

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
As my late cousin used to say, "Whoever started calling these The Golden Years, needs a swift kick in the butt."

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
I still feel like I did when I was twenty then I get up;) Seriously I am fortunate that the body I was put in is functionally good if not the prettiest, haven't had many warranty issues and now that the warranty period has passed I am still med free and can do most things I want. My stamina is down a bit, I am a little stiff after working on the ground like yesterday when I was frustrated by the belt on my lawn mowers deck. Anyhow it has been a good experience that I wouldn't trade.

Gerhard

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Glad the cut off is 1958........gives me a couple years to STock up on parts... ;-)

T

Bike
2015 Can Am Spyder R
STOC #
I had my left knee Partial Replaced, because of bone on bone. Tried the shots, didn't work. Now the right one is acting up, and probably will need surgery on it. Good luck with the shots, I hope they work for you. I will say the knee replacement went well.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Good luck, Gary. My experience with injections was similar to Phil's: bought me a little time and relief, but didn't solve the problem. I too was getting bone on bone and when I couldn't walk around Disney World with my daughters a few years back, I knew it was time for something more dramatic. Knee replacement did the trick and with aggressive rehab, I was up and walking in just a few weeks.

Thumb joints are usually the first to show signs of arthritis. My day starts with an NSAID and a couple of Tylenol.

John

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Well, finally got the call from Steve, the brace guy, yesterday. Met him at my doc's office and he fitted it on. What a contraption it is. Suppose to only wear it a couple hrs at a time and build up to a full day in 3-4 days. I did notice a little relief wearing it yesterday. It straightens the leg and allows the OsteoVISC to flow into the area that is missing the cushion tissue. While I can see that this will help during the day, it's still painful trying to sleep. Just can't get into a comfortable position. Doc said to give it 6-8 weeks but I can ultimately see the full knee replacement coming sometime this year. We'll see?

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I hope your injection helps you more than mine. Mine feels worse!
I rode to Florida for the Bob Donaldson Memorial Ride. The. Over to Mobile, Al. to see superdave Sunday. I rode 800 miles home yesterday. I was in real bad pain the whole time. But I sure am glad I was able to make it!
There was a very good turnout for Bob's Memorial ride. I hope somebody got a picture of all the bikes. I'll bet we were close to a mile long. Sure miss that guy!
I hope they have our aftermarket parts in stock so they can fix us up Gary. This being in pain all the time is getting old!

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Keith, I actually got three injections and felt some relief after the third one. Getting used to the brace so we'll see if it helps?

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Doc appt today to see if I liked the knee brace. I answered that I'm ready for total replacement. Setting it up for end of July. Am doing the Vanguard Complete Knee. Seems it doesn't go into the tibia and demure but attaches to them. Something new and improved. Need a MRI b/4 and a clean bill of health from my family doc. I'll see how it goes and report back.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Wow Gary that stinks. I hope all goes well and that recovery is short. Make the rehab worth your while as that will be the key for the future.

Maybe you can get Handicap plates for the wing.

Top Bottom