This old age just SUX

Bike
97 ST1100
STOC #
Wow Gary that stinks. I hope all goes well and that recovery is short. Make the rehab worth your while as that will be the key for the future.

Maybe you can get Handicap plates for the wing.

+1 on what Brad has said. Thoughts will be with you from Sharon & I, best wishes on a speedy recovery, I know you got stuff planned for this year so keep looking towards that for sure. I'll think about ya while riding around Apline, AZ tomorrow & Friday..........:>)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Well I go one week from today to talk to my Doc. The injection took three weeks to give me relief. But I still have on and off again pain. So I think I will be taking some down time this year myself for an aftermarket knee.
I hope and pray that we can both have a pain free 2016 riding season!

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Well I go one week from today to talk to my Doc. The injection took three weeks to give me relief. But I still have on and off again pain. So I think I will be taking some down time this year myself for an aftermarket knee.
I hope and pray that we can both have a pain free 2016 riding season!
I hope we do too. Have your doc check out this Vanguard thing. It's the latest!

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Well, everything is now in order. Have my pre-op physical out of the way. Monday did my last pre-op, chest ex ray. Just got back a little bit ago doing a dry run to the Baylor Surgical Hospital in Ft Worth. Was shown around the place and the lady explained every thing.

So I have to be at the hospital at 4:45am Thursday morning. Think surgery is scheduled for 6am? Soon after that I'll have my new right knee and hopefully with some therapy, I'll be able to walk without this never ending pain!

Once out of surgery and recovered a little, I'll let you know how it went.
Gary

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hope it works for you as well as my brothers replacement knees do for him!

Good luck!

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Thanks for the update Gary. I'll be praying for you on Thursday morning. Looking forward to a good report from you

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
with some therapy, I'll be able to walk without this never ending pain!
I hope so too!
With Chris's 1st knee replacement she got immediate relief.
With her third last December she didn't use any pain meds... You can bet that screwed with the Nurse's and Doctor's heads! :D

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Glad you are getting it taken care of Gary. I don't blame you for getting it over with.
I went to see my Doc 6-18-15. Mine is now bone on bone. So I have to have mine done also. I'm trying to hold off long enough to get a new person hired and trained to cover for me while I am off.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good luck tomorrow. Aren't you glad Mac is out East and will probably get the coffee on in time for you to have a cup, even with that absurdly early report time?

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
UPDATE: Surgery was yesterday morning at 8:15. Was suppose to take 2 hrs but only took 1 1/2. Spent short time in recovery and then upstairs to my room. Of course the pumpers are going on both legs to prevent blood clots and right leg is on a machine that works my knee up and down a little. Have only use the pain med button twice. A little nachous last night but feeling pretty good this morning. Of course I'm looking for some coffee, guess I'll have to ring my buzzer!

This morning after breakfast I will be getting out of bed with the physical phyrapist to see what I can do? Maybe only have to stay a couple of days.

So far am very pleased with everything and the whole staff here are outstanding. Just anxious to go home.

Want to thanks you all for the good wishes.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Excellent news!
Sounds like it went well and you're doing great!

I call that machine the 'wave machine'... the longer you use it (daily) the less time the leg has to tighten up... Well at least that is how Chris uses them...

Heal well and good luck with the PT.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Gary great news. be diligent on your physical therapy as this is the key to a short recovery and long service of new parts.

Top Bottom