rear brake sticking

it was time to replace the rear pads once everything was apart I couldn't get the new pads on so I called on Vinny to help me out.The caliper bolt was
frozen so Vinny pulled the caliper and coaxed the bolt out honed the receiver end on the caliper and polished the bolt put some brake lube on the bolt and reassembled.
And I have a rear brake again. Thanks Vinny saved my but again

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I think this is a common problem if the main caliper hanger pin is not lubed when changing the pads. In this case the pin was corroded enough to not allow any movement in the lateral direction. Easy fix, just took a while to get the pin out of the caliper. We are talking about the caliper hanger pin and not the pad hanger pin. Brakes 101... lube the moving parts! Well, except the rotor...LOL

Bike
2006 ST1300
I can't tell you how many times I've had to fix brake issues because a sloppy dealer or other shop didn't lube anything. My VW Jetta had to have new brakes after roughly 3k miles because the VW dealer threw pads in without lubing anything, and they wore very uneven, and one wheel had brakes sticking.

Speaking of which, I put pads on last fall and lubed the pins...but after a harsh winter I should pull them apart and lube everything before my long trips/rallies I'm taking soon.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
What was the easy fix, penetrating oil?
After getting the hanger bolt out of the caliper, cleaned it up with a wire wheel, polished it, cleaned the bore in the caliper, flushed it out, then lubed everything, cleaned the boot and put it all back together. About 45 minutes.

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
After getting the hanger bolt out of the caliper, cleaned it up with a wire wheel, polished it, cleaned the bore in the caliper, flushed it out, then lubed everything, cleaned the boot and put it all back together. About 45 minutes.
Good work!

Top Bottom