heat to feet- electric soles

I have been thinking about electrical heat inside of my riding boots. In the past I have tried over boots, heaver socks, and even plastic bags over boots or just over socks All seem to work, to some degree, but it's hard to visualize them being better ( or easier) to use, than the electrics. and my perceived needs are to just ward off the creeping feeling of chill, rather than trying to apply enough heat to cook a roast. after doing a bit of research it looks like good quality electric socks are pretty darn expensive, compared to boot soles. this probably is because socks probably die an early death because of the stresses that they go thru being put on and pulled off. so my question is for those who use the soles , do they do much for the whole foot or just the boots soles?.....will probably control 'em with a cheap ebay PWM, mounted on the bike

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
I have the Gerbings heated insoles to pair up with the long sleeve liner and gloves. Although I've had them for about 4yrs I've only used them twice and they do work really well. I only have the one dual controller so I can't really adjust them very much. If my memory is correct, I want to say they only really heat the bottom of your feet but I felt like that was enough to keep my feet warm all over.

Skip

OP
OP
thanks Skip. I failed to mention, that I'll probably be using these in conjunction with jacket, pant, and glove liners. mostly long distance riding.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
thanks Skip. I failed to mention, that I'll probably be using these in conjunction with jacket, pant, and glove liners. mostly long distance riding.
If you're getting the whole outfit, DEFINITELY gt the heated insoles. Ever walk barefoot on a heated floor? If the bottoms of your feet get cold, you can be miserable regardless how much heat is on top. The heat from the bottom rises inside your boots. I love mine.

OTOH, did you know the Gerbings heated gloves are only heated on the top side? That side is exposed to the weather whereas the palm is (typically) wrapped around your grips with no exposure. Heated grips help alot in that area, and being that many cold weather riders use heated grips, there's not much sense for redundancy in the gloves.

Top Bottom