Have I told you how much I love Riding Colorado?

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Well, It is not Colorado. Just sitting here the day after Thanksgiving and reminiscing about my Euro Alps trip this past summer. I am very thankful that I was able to make this excursion, as it was a blast. Looking forward to riding the Alps again in a year or so. Gotta save up some funds again. Here are a few more pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Another bike we don’t get here. I’ll bet it was a fun bike to ride.
I sure do like my Tiger 800. One of the most fun bikes I have ever had.
I am sorry, I ment a F800GS Great little bike. Small and nimble enough for the hundreds of switchbacks that we rode, and powerful enough for passing on the narrow crowded twisty roads that we rode. Frame was large enough that I did not feel cramped and the bike was comfortable and balanced well. It's looks are not the most pleasing but that did not matter, as I was not looking at the bike much. Too many other beautiful things and scenery to look at.

Last edited:
Bike
2008 ST1300 ABS
I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law and a friend of his took me on the Waldon run. Ate at a nice steak house? there. Long day. Did that in Aug. Riding in the park was awesome!!! Up on top (12000') point, the nads were crawling up in me. The vastness of the Rockies was mind blowing!! :D
I LOVE riding Colorado! Trailered the ST out to Denver in July and then made some nice day-trips around the area while the wife hung-out with the grand kids. First took a little run down to Colorado Springs and back up thru Deckers...

Then it was up to Grand Lake to stay for a few days, via the "Peak to Peak" route and thru the Rocky Mountain Natl Park...

And last, I made a full-day run out to Walden, then over to Fort Collins and back thru the RM Natl Park to Grand Lake - what a beautiful ride!

Unfortunately, now I'm spoiled (its like skiing in the Rockies and then going home and try to get excited about skiing in Michigan - just not the same)

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I'm pretty sure my brother-in-law and a friend of his took me on the Waldon run. Ate at a nice steak house? there. Long day. Did that in Aug. Riding in the park was awesome!!! Up on top (12000') point, the nads were crawling up in me. The vastness of the Rockies was mind blowing!! :D
Great routes, all of them. Have ridden them multiple times. I did not make it over TrailRidge this year, nor did I get up to the top of Mt. Evans. I usually make those ride at least once a year. Going to have to do better in 2018. Your first route down 83 and back up 67 is one of my regular runs. It is my Famous "German Bakery Run".

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Today was probably the last ride I am going to get to take this year. The high temp for today was 61degrees with the morning temps at about 43 when I left the house. Too cold and snowy in the High Country, too much gravel and possible ice in the shadows up in the Foothills to ride West, so I stayed East of the city, in the flats.I wanted to test my heated gear on the Little Gray Bike (VX300) and see if the stator would keep up with the demand. It did and I stayed warm during the early morning part of the ride. Rode about 150 miles today. I really do need to do something about the brick for a seat on this bike.Hard as a brick. Maybe in the Spring Time. As with most of my riding I took some pictures. Enjoy.

Attachments

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
While elbows deep in a home project, I was realizing it was great weather for a ride... the ice just melted off my street. Looks like a nice ride for you Chuck; does that VXS300 wheelie? :4is:

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Great pictures Chuck. I have noticed though over the years that you bike photos kind of resemble most men taking pictures of their significant others. Nice backgrounds, always showing the curves, profiles showing the best side, etc. You should be careful your other bikes will become jealous of this new gal.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Took The Little Gray Bike out for a ride to meet a friend for lunch in Kiowa today. Beautiful weather but a bit windy. Only took one picture

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Man, you're killin' me. I'm still off the bike, doing PT on the new knee. Desmo Steve and I gotta get back to Colorado; I think it's a mental health issue...

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Nice to catch up with you today Chuck. I noticed how clear the air was and how large Pike's Peak appeared, but I didn't stop for a picture. :shrug1:

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Nice to catch up with you today Chuck. I noticed how clear the air was and how large Pike's Peak appeared, but I didn't stop for a picture. :shrug1:
One thing one does not do with the little Versys 300X..........Is get in a Hurry. That little bike forces one to smell the roses ( err, ragweed) along the way. After I made the turn in Elizabeth I found some dirt roads that took me most of the way back to the Aurora Reservoir. Kind of need just tooling along on dirt county roads. Great grabbing lunch with you.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Haven't posted much here lately, and July is coming to and End, so I thought I would post a Few of my July Day Rides. First ride is with my New 2015 Versys 1000LT

Had a nice quiet 4th of July at home with my wife Sue, took care of a few things that needed to be done around the house. Today, 5th of July, the outside temps were a bit cooler than yesterday so I headed to the Foot-Hills to do some more bonding with my new 2015 Versys 1000LT. Still trying to come up with a unique name for it. (any ideas) Rode up Deer Creek Canyon and Upper Deer Creek then over to Old Evergreen, via Shadow Mountain, to Brook Forrest. Took Kerr Gulch over to Evergreen Park Way and then onto Central City and Black Hawk. Turned east to ride down Golden Gate Canyon and then thru CrawFord Gulch on down the rest of Golden Gate and across Denver and home. Temps crossing Denver were about 82 degrees. Great little 200 mile ride this morning. I now have 599 miles on the Big Versys 1000LT. Time for the 600 mile service.

Attachments

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
July 6th.

I walked out to the garage early this morning to get started on the 600 mile service on my Vesrys 1000LT. And there sat the V-STrom 650, looking forgotten and forlorn. Looked at my mileage for the Wee Strom and saw I had not ridden it since the end of May, and here it is already July. Well the 600 miles service can wait, weather is beautiful and temps in the mountains are very comfortable. So off for a another 200 mile loop with the Wee. Rode down to Deckers Store for a cup of coffee, then up to Pine Junction and over to Grant on highway 285, South side of Guanella Pass. Over the Pass (11669 ft) to Georgetown, then two lane access road onto Idaho Springs, and on to Evergreen. Down Kerr Gulch and continued down Bear Creek Canyon. Across town and was home by 1pm, before the City gets too jammed up. Another great riding day. Perfect cool mountain temps, beautiful blue sky, and great green mountains. Gotta love it here.

Attachments

Top Bottom