Have I told you how much I love Riding Colorado?

Bike
R1200rt
Took a 300 mile ride yesterday but didn't take a pic of the one hill there was (central illinois)

Bike
2011 BMW R1200GS
STOC #
Ditto Ken H's request for riding guide. FYI I'm headed towards Colorado from Florida for a pass-thru on the Rockies before heading over to Seattle. I know zipola about good routes and rides. Any quick suggestions appreciated as I'll be in Pueblo headed north in a few days.
Thanks! Now we gotta get Chuck to chime in with some routes for the non-technical off road scenic stuff.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Love the hummingbird pic, that's funny.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
I LOVE riding Colorado! Trailered the ST out to Denver in July and then made some nice day-trips around the area while the wife hung-out with the grand kids. First took a little run down to Colorado Springs and back up thru Deckers...

Then it was up to Grand Lake to stay for a few days, via the "Peak to Peak" route and thru the Rocky Mountain Natl Park...

And last, I made a full-day run out to Walden, then over to Fort Collins and back thru the RM Natl Park to Grand Lake - what a beautiful ride!

Unfortunately, now I'm spoiled (its like skiing in the Rockies and then going home and try to get excited about skiing in Michigan - just not the same)

Bike
st1300 vfr800
Just got back from a week in Montrose . What a great area to ride traffic was good ,roads were great and the routes we took made for a lot of great memories . The passes were awsome to ride and a little scary at times ,Black Canyon we had a guy go down on some gravel but he was okay . All in all I will be there again .

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Chuck and I spent 4 days riding our DR650's last month. It had been 8 years since I had been to Colorado. I forgot how nice it is. And the hospitality was just as good! Just what I needed. Thank you again Chuck!

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Just got back from a week in Montrose . What a great area to ride traffic was good ,roads were great and the routes we took made for a lot of great memories . The passes were awsome to ride and a little scary at times ,Black Canyon we had a guy go down on some gravel but he was okay . All in all I will be there again .

I you liked that you'll love WeSTOC 21 in Grand Junction next year!

:D

Bike
97 ST1100A
STOC #
Congratulations on the bike, write up and the pics. Based on your grin doesn't look like I need to say enjoy your ride.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Looking for a comment on the picture with a burro? :D

Sounds like a great bike. What do you think of running the high RPMs that bike gearing requires? Quite different than the Wee or FJR.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I am sitting here reminiscing and looking at the pictures that I took while on my Euro bike trip. So I thought I would post a few pictures from time to time. I know it is not Colorado, but have I told you all how much I loved riding in the European Alps. Look forward to going back in a couple of years, as soon as I can replenish the bank accounts. These pictures were taken in Austria. Visit my Facebook page for a day to day write up and photos of the trip Starting Aug 20. https://www.facebook.com/chuck.henderson.980

Attachments

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I don't do social media. But those are those are some beautiful pictures Chuck!
What bike are you riding? I'm looking on my phone. Kind of hard to tell.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I don't do social media. But those are those are some beautiful pictures Chuck!
What bike are you riding? I'm looking on my phone. Kind of hard to tell.
The bike is a F800GS Adventure BMW. Hey when are you coming back out to Colorado. I am thinking about going to TexSToc this year.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I hope to next year. I think I'll bring the Tiger. I am in Eagles Nest, New Mexico for the night. Headed to Washington State by Friday on the ST. May have to dodge some weather on the way. Moab tomorrow.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I hope to next year. I think I'll bring the Tiger. I am in Eagles Nest, New Mexico for the night. Headed to Washington State by Friday on the ST. May have to dodge some weather on the way. Moab tomorrow.
Be careful if your route brings you into Colorado. Snow in the High Country ie. Wolf Creek Pass. Check CDOT's web site. Have a safe and a fun trip. Have you seen my pictures of my new Versys 300X?

Top Bottom