Have I told you how much I love Riding Colorado?

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I typically don’t Ride my day rides on the weekend , as there is always too much traffic out and about. I try to ride during the middle of the week. This week has been an exception. I was out with the Big Versys this past Monday ,and rode up to Guanella Pass. Today, Friday, I rode the V-Strom on one of my favorite “Sweeper Rides” This weekend is most likely going to be the last weekend for Leaf Looking as the weather liars are predicting a significant drop in temperature for next week, with the possibility of measurable snow in the city Tuesday night. Most likely, no riding next week. Today I rode down to Deckers Café via Rampart Range and along the South Platte River. Beautiful ride with the fireplace aroma from the cabins along the river route. No pictures of this part of my ride as I have posted many shots previously. Wanted to stop for a coffee break, but as usual, the Café was not open yet, so I pointed the V-Strom south and headed to Woodland Park. My plan was to ride over Ute Pass (9165 ft) on HY 24 to Lake George and then turn onto County Rd.77 Terryall Road. 42 miles of recently new smooth pavement with High Speed sweepers all the way to Jefferson. Even though the posted speed limit is 50mph, the high speed sweepers will invite one to exceed the limit. I chose to ride at or under the speed limit today and just take in the sights and smells of early fall at around 9000 feet. A beautiful ride. The little hamlet of Jefferson is at the end of the 42 miles of lovely curves where County 77 exits out on to Highway 285. From there I tuned east and rode over Kenoshe Pass (10001ft). Most of the Aspin leaves had already finished their turning from a sparkling gold to a winter brown and were quickly being shed . Winter in the High Country is not far away. From Kenoshe Pass it was just a normal traffic bound ride down off the mountains, across the city to home. Total miles for today 215. Total Ride time 5.5 hours.
https://goo.gl/maps/iF83Uu7boLLsguTCA

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Took a ride up to Echo Lake this morning. All the tourist are gone, save a few old local folks. The Snow has dusted the mountain tops and soon will be creeping down to the lower elevations. Have to get my riding in while the beautiful weather last. Not long before I break out the heated liner and electric gloves. The mornings are a bit chilly with the afternoon temps at a pleasant 60 to 70 degrees. Won't last much longer.
https://goo.gl/maps/Yj4cHfPggWMtQkXM7

20211025_114107.jpg20211025_114141.jpg20211025_115631.jpg20211025_115718.jpg20211025_122139.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
The weather gave us another prefect Colorado Fall Day today. Deep Blue Sky, There was not a cloud to be found any where. Early morning (8:30 ) temps were in the high 40s with a forecasted high of 75. Could not ask for a better day to take advantage of the retired life and GO RIDE. Which I did. The V-Strom and I headed across town shortly after 08:30 for Golden Gate Canyon. I have not ridden that canyon in a couple months, so it was time again. Headed up and turned off at Crawford Gulch Rode (County 57). This is a beautiful stretch of pavement. Smooth, twisty, very lightly traveled and scenic. This road turns in to a short stretch of gravel and drops down into Golden Gate State Park. No Park fee is requires if one drives thru back to GoldenGate Canyon Rd. From there I rode out to the East Portal of the Moffit Tunnel. Just a bit over 8 miles of nice graded dirt road that dead ends at the tunnel. Doubled back and headed to Left Hand Canyon and then up a couple of steep, dirt, rocky miles on Lickskillet Rd. into Gold Hill. Had lunch at the country store and then rode up and over and down to Boulder via Sunshine Canyon Dr. First 4.5 miles are dirt and then it becomes pavement for a exhilarating ride down the canyon into a residential section of Boulder. From Boulder it was just freeway back across Den to home in Aurora. Of course I took a bunch of pictures. Enjoy.
https://goo.gl/maps/BSeW8ZzRqSxX5Cm87

Attachments

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Took the Big Versys out for a little exercise today. Short mileage, just 130 miles. Four hours total time. Stopped at the BuckSnort Saloon for a quick lunch. I finally caught them open today. Most of the time when I ride by, the BuckSnort is closed.
https://goo.gl/maps/71kAgn9yjC2dnWq9A

Attachments

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Took the Big Versys out for a little exercise today. Short mileage, just 130 miles. Four hours total time. Stopped at the BuckSnort Saloon for a quick lunch. I finally caught them open today. Most of the time when I ride by, the BuckSnort is closed.
https://goo.gl/maps/71kAgn9yjC2dnWq9A
Lots of singles hanging around in there. Wasn't a former strip club now was it Chuck??? ;)

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
God knows we need the moisture here on the Colorado Front Range of the Rockies. It has been quite dry and warm this December. However there is a bright side to this beautiful December 14th weather. I was able to ride my Motorcycle (FJR) down to Colorado Springs for my monthly German Bakery Run. Got my goods and headed up to Woodland Park and then along 67 to Deckers and then up 126 to Pine Junction. Then down Deer Creek Canyon and across town to home.
https://goo.gl/maps/qF6ryyuAsWYvi3sw5

Attachments

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
God knows we need the moisture here on the Colorado Front Range of the Rockies. It has been quite dry and warm this December. However there is a bright side to this beautiful December 14th weather. I was able to ride my Motorcycle (FJR) down to Colorado Springs for my monthly German Bakery Run. Got my goods and headed up to Woodland Park and then along 67 to Deckers and then up 126 to Pine Junction. Then down Deer Creek Canyon and across town to home.
https://goo.gl/maps/qF6ryyuAsWYvi3sw5
NICE, Chuck! Collecting bikes I see! Great ride! I have to admit, I do love living in CO! The roads have been a true blessing for me to drive my 15 Camaro SS/1LE on before $25k hail damage over 2 years finally took it out in 2018 (and my 07 Ridgeline, Sherri's 07 4Runner, and Kiana's 17 Tucson, + $25k damage to the house). My CPO 18 Audi A6 3.0t Sport (w/ serious mods) is even more fun on those twisty roads! I now have things sorted out now that I can ride again! :thumb:

The weather has changed drastically over the last few years, winter not being Colorado winter anymore and almost Texas like winter, minus the humidity. I'm not a cold/snow weather guy, but I do miss seeing the white stuff on the ground... and it is fun to drive on w/ the A6. :biggrin:

Glad to see you're doing what you do best still... riding and posting about it with the pics! :thumb:

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
22 December2021, 64 degrees in the City. Had a dentist appt @ 07:00 hrs this morning, (not fun) then decided I needed some pleasant experiences. About 09:30 I headed out across town to the foothills to ride up Golden Gate Canyon and beyond. Temps in the foothills were in the mid 50s. Stayed nice and toasty with my Electric liner and gloves. Was out about four hours and covered 140 miles of nice twisties. A bit of sand in the corners but not bad at all for a December. Any snow that was in the foothills was gone by now, so no issues there. Great little Pre Christmas ride. To all my Moto friend s and other friends have a Safe Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
https://goo.gl/maps/9V31eyrK4jmFSBCc8

Attachments

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
As usual with a Colorado late winter weather, we will get a beautiful day just before we get a snow event. Today was no exception. Temperatures were nearing 70 degrees with a beautiful clear blue sky. Tomorrow and Thursday the weather turns to rain and snow. The weather liars are predicting 3 to 5 inches in the City. So today I had to make one of my Famous Bakery Runs to Colorado Springs, and get a 170 mile loop ride in. I left the house headed for Wimberger’s Old World Bakery around 08:00. Temps were hovering at about 37 degrees this morning. It is nothing that a good electric liner and electric gloves can’t take care of. Decided to ride the big Kawaski Versys 1000 SE, one last time before I deadline her for the 16000 mile service. Rode south on Highway 83 at a leisurely pace, as I was not in any kind of hurry. Pikes Peak was exceptionally majestic looking this early morn. Got to love Colorado riding.
I arrived at the Bakery about an hour and a half later and procured my goods, which consisted of German Rolls, German Breads, some German Mustard and a pound of German Wieners. Good Stuff. After loading up the panniers and top box of the bike, I rode west up the mountain to Woodland Park. There I turned north onto highway 67 to Deckers. This is such a beautiful ride. It has some great straight a-ways and then as the road descends from 8500ft down to 6400ft into Deckers it has some great twist and curves. Not to mention some very pretty scenery along the way. Arriving at Deckers, not much was happening . The Café was closed and the only activity was the anglers getting their supplies from the fishing store. A couple of lost tourist trying to figure out where they were and me taking a short riding break,
On from Deckers up and over the hill past Buffalo Creek (Elev 6760ft) and then climbing up past the Hamlet of Pine onto Pine Junction. (Elev 8450) to meet up with State Highway 285. Turning east, it is down the mountain into Denver Elev (5280ft) across town and home. I won’t need to make another German Bakery run for a month. All set for the upcoming snow storm. A beautiful 170 mile ride.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
As usual with a Colorado late winter weather, we will get a beautiful day just before we get a snow event. Today was no exception. Temperatures were nearing 70 degrees with a beautiful clear blue sky. Tomorrow and Thursday the weather turns to rain and snow. The weather liars are predicting 3 to 5 inches in the City. So today I had to make one of my Famous Bakery Runs to Colorado Springs, and get a 170 mile loop ride in. I left the house headed for Wimberger’s Old World Bakery around 08:00. Temps were hovering at about 37 degrees this morning. It is nothing that a good electric liner and electric gloves can’t take care of. Decided to ride the big Kawaski Versys 1000 SE, one last time before I deadline her for the 16000 mile service. Rode south on Highway 83 at a leisurely pace, as I was not in any kind of hurry. Pikes Peak was exceptionally majestic looking this early morn. Got to love Colorado riding.
I arrived at the Bakery about an hour and a half later and procured my goods, which consisted of German Rolls, German Breads, some German Mustard and a pound of German Wieners. Good Stuff. After loading up the panniers and top box of the bike, I rode west up the mountain to Woodland Park. There I turned north onto highway 67 to Deckers. This is such a beautiful ride. It has some great straight a-ways and then as the road descends from 8500ft down to 6400ft into Deckers it has some great twist and curves. Not to mention some very pretty scenery along the way. Arriving at Deckers, not much was happening . The Café was closed and the only activity was the anglers getting their supplies from the fishing store. A couple of lost tourist trying to figure out where they were and me taking a short riding break,
On from Deckers up and over the hill past Buffalo Creek (Elev 6760ft) and then climbing up past the Hamlet of Pine onto Pine Junction. (Elev 8450) to meet up with State Highway 285. Turning east, it is down the mountain into Denver Elev (5280ft) across town and home. I won’t need to make another German Bakery run for a month. All set for the upcoming snow storm. A beautiful 170 mile ride.
https://goo.gl/maps/3V7YpSPtcAb7qHVj6
I love riding out there. My kids live in Pagosa Springs. Have not the northern places yet and hope to this spring.

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
Chuck,
I was in your home area this afternoon, checking out a Tilting Motorworks Goldwing trike at Aurora Honda. I was thinking, I wonder were in Aurora you lived. I came in from the east after lunch at Lulu's Inn in Watkins.

OP
OP
ChucksKLRST

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
I live 4 miles south of Buckley AFB. About 6 road miles from Aurora Honda. LuLu's is about 15 miles from my house.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Chuck,
I was in your home area this afternoon, checking out a Tilting Motorworks Goldwing trike at Aurora Honda. I was thinking, I wonder were in Aurora you lived. I came in from the east after lunch at Lulu's Inn in Watkins.
Have you ever hit Lu Lu's BBQ in Louisville? Since you mentioned Lulu's. :biggrin:

ST-venture

Randy Frank
Site Supporter
Bike
2018 GW Tour DCT
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have not. But I LOVE BBQ. Georgia Boys BBQ in Frederick is a good one as well.
I see a theme for a RTE. :burger::thumb:

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I have not. But I LOVE BBQ. Georgia Boys BBQ in Frederick is a good one as well.
I see a theme for a RTE. :burger::thumb:
They're on my list too. Down the road is Serious Texas BBQ, it's pretty good as well.

IDK if they're still open after the Boulder County fire, but Wayne's BBQ Shack in Superior is THE SHIZZ!!! True TX BBQ! They have some great Q that nobody makes!

BBQ flows in my veins, that and pie, and Dr. Pepper... it's a Texas thing. :crackup:

Top Bottom