very new

Bike
2007 st 1300
Ive been riding a street bike for 16 years.my first one was a 750 Honda shadow, then a harley xl1200l,now ive a 2007 st 1300,wow! still getting used to it and not used to how a sport bike handles any advice?:biker:

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Ive been riding a street bike for 16 years.my first one was a 750 Honda shadow, then a harley xl1200l,now ive a 2007 st 1300,wow! still getting used to it and not used to how a sport bike handles any advice?:biker:
I think you would benefit greatly by taking an experienced rider course, if you can find one in your area. The MSF must have some courses in Oregon. On such a course, if done the same as here, you ride your own bike and hone your slow speed, counter steering and braking skills. You will quickly become more comfortable with your bike and its abilities in a safe environment. All the advice here is of no real use without hands on instruction to monitor your progress.

An ST certainly isn't a cruiser and is far more capable than you can imagine at this point.

Last edited:
Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Welcome to ST-Owners. + 1 to what Bush said and take your time getting used to the bike. Find a vacant parking lot and practice slow maneuvers over and over again. The ST in my opinion is much more enjoyable to ride than any cruiser I ever had.
Enjoy the ride and stay safe.

Bike
2020 BMW K1600GTL
In the meantime, watch that speedo. I went from shadow 750 to this bike and looked down to see myself in triple digits when it felt like the shadow at 60.

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Congrats and you will love the class.
Riding a bike the is not yours and not worring about it allows you to reach new levels of skill.

Welcome from WA state again, TC

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Riding a bike the is not yours and not worring about it allows you to reach new levels of skill.
Hopefully, as I suggested earlier in this thread, he WILL get to use his own bike on an experienced rider course, since getting the feel of his new ST is what he wants to achieve. Feedback from the OP on this?

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
Welcome!

In the meantime, watch that speedo. I went from shadow 750 to this bike and looked down to see myself in triple digits when it felt like the shadow at 60.
That won't work with the Fuzz. BTDT :D

Bike
2003 Honda ST1300
welcome your going to love the ST when you tip it in a corner at low speed just be sure to get the bottom leg out the bike will be fine. pick it up and go.

Top Bottom