Watch out for buzzards

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Quit that after one PUKED maggots and eat'en carcass all over my arm. It's hard to clean VOMIT out of a full faced helmet. Don't ask how I know.......
LOL! :lol:
Normally them birds just poop when startled, bad enough though...

Bike
04 ST
STOC #
Saw a Pick up truck at a gas Station up north a few years back with a large depression in the center of the shattered windshield. Asked the owner and he said he had hit a turkey the evening prior. Looked about like a medicine ball had been pounded into the windshield. Said he pulled over and chased the Turkey but couldn't catch it! Not what I want to meet on the moto!

st1300doug

Saw a Pick up truck at a gas Station up north a few years back with a large depression in the center of the shattered windshield. Asked the owner and he said he had hit a turkey the evening prior. Looked about like a medicine ball had been pounded into the windshield. Said he pulled over and chased the Turkey but couldn't catch it! Not what I want to meet on the moto!
Yep- on a Poker Run like 6 years ago, a turkey clocked a husband/wife on their H-D at 60 MPH. The wife died from her injuries in the crash. Somber day for the end of the Poker Run. A 17-22 lb. object in the chest @ 60 MPH- ain't good!

Bike
2004 ST1300
If it weren't for these magnificent birds helping out with all the coons, possums and skunks that were unfortunate in their road travels nose plugs would be included in ATGATT :( and that would really stink!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
I can tell from the direction this thread is leading, it needs to stop raining and all of us need to get out and ride MORE!

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I've hit three over the years. They are remarkably unpredictable in their actions.

One bounced off my helmet, he was part of a flock eating a dear carcass on the side of the road. I was riding a Honda Blackbird with a tank bag and I couldn't duck behind the screen because of the bag.

Another took the right mirror right off my Gold Wing. It broke an aluminum mounting bracket right where the bolt goes through to secure it to the bike. This one was flying along side me about 100' off the road and did a 90 degree turn across my path.

The third hit the windshield on the wing, but didn't do any damage. From my experience, the bird doesn't weigh enough to crash a bike as long as you don't take radical evasive action.

Bike
2003 ST1100P non ABS
Biggest thing I've hit has been a pheasant, back last December, which took off my left wing mirror pod, smashing the mirror and destroying the pod in the process. A couple of days ago I hit a low flying pigeon while travelling at 60 and caught it on my helmet cam. Luckily it didn't affect my steering at all as there was a lorry coming the other way seconds later!

Top Bottom