Fuel joint o-rings

Bike
1997 ST1100
My fuel joints are all starting to leak a little. I am going to replace them but am not sure how many kits I need to order. The parts catalog lists a "Gasket Set" which appears to include the required fuel pipe joint O-rings, the CV breather joint O-rings, Fuel inlet screen, and the float chamber o-ring. I presume that I need to order 4 kits but am looking for some clarification. Any chance that I can just replace the fuel pipe joint and breather joint orings?

Bike
ST1100/ST1300
STOC #
Cannot just replace the pipe tube o-rings(from Honda). I suppose you could, if you had a really good race shop in town with a well supplied inventory of universal o-rings. To clarify, you will need to get the 4 individual "gasket" sets. Everything to seal the individual carb is in the kit.

BTW...The carbs do NOT need to be totally broken down individually / separated, to replace those pipe o-rings. You'll need to remove the upper plenum, flip the carbs over and loosen the base bracket screws about half way out. You'll be able to wiggle the carbs around enough to remove the pipes, one at a time. It can be done....

175.jpg

OP
OP
Bike
1997 ST1100
I ordered for carb kits, p/n 16010-MAJ-D00. Each kit contains a bowl o-ring, bowl drain screw o-ring, and fuel / breather transfer pipe o-rings. If you only had to change out the transfer pipe orings on all the carbs then you could get by just ordering two carb kits. Since I ordered 4 kits I now have an extra set of transfer tube O-rings.

Bike
94' 1100 ABS
I just took my carb off and followed Adams carb clean procedure, upon re-installation, I had a leak and I could not tell from where, then it stopped. I have no idea what these fuel joints/transfer pipes are, could you please explain?

OP
OP
Bike
1997 ST1100
Go back to the carb rebuild from Adam and scroll down until he speaks about the 8 dowel pins, just before the air box plenum is installed. There are 6 yellow circles. Between the circles you can see tubes going between the carbs. The lower tubes are for fuel transfer. The upper tube is for air transfer and then a little further back, hard to see, are black "t"'s that transfer fresh air for the CV's. Not sure why he did not just separate the carbs. It is not that much additional work.

Top Bottom