Audiovox slow failure

Bike
06 ST1300
My Audiovox CC started to quit 2 years ago with intermittent failures at setting it. It also stopped holding speeds of 130 kph and over by slowly falling back to about 110 kph.

Last year it failed to engage at all. It has not cured itself this year. The lights on the switch are on and the on light illuminates but nothing happens.

It was installed by the previous owner. I have yet to start dismantling the Tupperware to look at it.

Any thoughts on:

1. what part would be the best to check first and/or

2. any good shops in southern British Columbia/northern Washington who know the CC and the ST1300 who could look at it?

v8-7

Site Supporter
I would check the vacuum line first as it those symptoms are indicative of an air leak.
if in doubt it would only cost a few bucks worth of tubing , a check valve and a tee or 2 to rebuild the system.
Also check the vacuum canister, if it has one .

Bike
ST
STOC #
I too would check the vacuum lines and cannister. I installed mine without a cannister at first and the speed would not hold on hills. After I installed the cannister the speed then held.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
Definitely check for vacuum leaks first, as there have been a few servos that have failed like that.

Mine mysteriously stopped working a year or two ago and I traced it to the brake (purple) wire having some stray, non-zero voltage on it when the brake wasn't engaged. It wasn't very much, but it was enough to make the servo think it should be disengaged. I installed a relay that shorts the purple line positively to ground when the relay is open and to the brake line when it's closed and it's worked perfectly since.

--Mark

I'd suggest that you open up the servo to expose the 10 pin connector inside . have a look see for signs of rusting, heat, or loosness

Top Bottom