Air comprssor....What type/brand to carry on bike

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
My only concern is the screw on fitting. Considering how fast the tire deflates, I'm worried that it will be almost flat again, by the time I get it unscrewed. I'm thinking over inflating and hope for the best.

I'm going by the old theory....better to have and not need, than to need and not have.
Don't worry, pretty quick and eash to unscrew. And I follow the same theory, used the compressor about 3 times for myself, easily 4x that much for others.

I'm carrying the bulkier Harbor Freight compressor, which I reviewed last year.

--Mark
I carry the one he reviewed after I got a flat and read his review. Also carry a safety seal plug kit. My first flat was caused by a sharp rock and I had nothing . Thankfully a family member brought me a pump and plug. I now carry the items every where I go

ST13Fred

Fred
Bike
2015 Motus MST
I got this from Walmart 12 years ago for $12. I removed the plastic housing, added a slide switch and extended length alligator clips. It packs into a small Crown Royal pouch.

Attachments

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Been carrying a Slime cheapie from Target for a couple years; uses the cigarette lighter socket I installed on the right side of the fairing for power. Project for today is to replace the plug because the cheap cheap cheap plastic ring that holds the center connector in place broke a couple days ago. the replacement has a nice metal knurled ring in that spot, so it should never fail.

Only complaint about the pump itself is that there's no gauge so it's a juggling game to switch between the chuck and my tire pressure gauge to check whether I've got the desired pressure in a tire. I have a couple hoses and chucks and air gauges left over from now-defunct bicycle tire pumps; may look into cobbling something together if / when the chuck ever goes bad but in the meantime I can suffer and cuss.

Top Bottom