Need Throttlemeister Instructions?

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Hi Guys,
I recently went crazy trying to locate the instructions for Re-installing my throttlemeister which was removed from an F4i on to the ST.
I finally received it from Throttlemeister since I could not find it anywhere else, so I figured I would scan it and post it here for anyone who might need it. This is for the model Ahr4 my bike is 2007 St1300a with heli-bars and aftermarket heated grips.
NOTE: I checked with Throttlemeister techs and it is compatible with standard, heli, and probably aftermarket heated grips. ( Mine are Oxford ) I was told however, that I might not need to insert that black plastic cap called "inner Adaptor".
Hopes this helps someone, someday.

Attachments

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
You're welcome. Just trying to do my part for the st community as I have gotten so much here. They are a Pita to install. But I think they are worth it.

Bike
2006 ST1300A
STOC #
20140923_101026.jpg
:bow1:Thanks
The Throttlemeister was installed by the STealer when I purchased my 1300 August 2006. I've wondered how it was installed?
For new Throttlemeister users, when you go over your pre-flight check list, check the allen bolt on/in your T'meister to verify that it has not worked itself out (keep that allen wrench handy)?

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
For new Throttlemeister users, when you go over your pre-flight check list, check the allen bolt on/in your T'meister to verify that it has not worked itself out (keep that allen wrench handy)?
A little blue LocTite on the retaining bolt will do the job too.

OP
OP
STrangr

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Glad to be of help.

Great advice on the pre-flight check list.
I have had that happen to me on a ride, I used the RED threadlock from Honda since (So far so good). Now I always carry the allen key with me.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I bought a 2000 st1100 with the throttlemeister already on the bike, I took it off the other day and put some slip on grips over the stocks and now can't figure out how to adjust the stupid thing where it will allow the throttle to open and close freely. Only way I could make it work was to push the friction portion back as far as I could with a screwdriver. This only lasted two rides and now it has moved back to where the throttle isn't closing on its own again. Any advice would be appreciated, this thing is frustrating.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
So are you saying the slip-ons are contacting the throttlemeister? If that is the case you need to pull the right slip-on off and trim it's length to keep it form contacting the meister.

Otherwise the throttlemeister is adjusted for various installations by shims. If you undo the main screw on the right side and slide then end off you can remove the inner working piece. Washers are placed between that unit and the outer piece to adjust so it just contacts the plastic piece that is installed on the end of the throttle tube.

Bike
2000 ST1100
So are you saying the slip-ons are contacting the throttlemeister?

No the slip ons went over the stock grips, I guess I'll have a to take a picture to explain it when I get home. I don't see how you adjust the throttlemesiter outwards away from the handlebar. I even took the non-cruise bar end off the left side handlebar and put it on and when tightened down it does not allow the throttle to move freely open and closed. I think the piece it is contacting is called the friction tube that is stuck on the end of the handlebar underneath the grip. The only way I could make it work was to push that tube further in with a screwdriver but after two rides it has moved back to where it contacts the bar end even with the cruise not engaged.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Okay.. making sense. Sounds like you need to adjust the spacing washers.

If you refer to the sheet on the first post of this thread you will see where they have washers in to adjust the spacing. You need to take your unit off and add a few of those washers. Putting a few of those in will let the working part of the meister sit further back from the handlebar housing.

PS The washers are nothing special, take one off from the current unit and head to the local hardware store to match up.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Ok, I was just looking at the first page. Starting to make more sense now. Thanks for your help.

Top Bottom