The latest tire change technology

the video in that first post is mine.......
i made it for a buddy to show him how simple it was.

i did take that tire off with the same method and did not hacksaw it off.......
it was just as simple to take off as to put on..........
GT4 was the tire

Last edited:
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
After reading this I thought I might try this when changing the tire on my wife's VFR. I also remember how much I hate changing tires but I decided to wait until the new tire arrived. Got the tire yesterday it is a Bridgestone T30 evo 180/55/17. I cannot believe how stiff the sidewalls are on this tire. I stood on the tire and I could not get the beads to even move. I highly doubt that normal zip ties would even hold if I did get the beads together. Off to the tire shop this morning to get it mounted and balanced.

The upside is on that bike a 2008 VFR800 it took longer to get the tools out than pull the wheel off. Removed the right side case, removed 4 lug nuts and done. No chain to mess with, no brake caliper to deal with, what a great design.

OP
OP
ST-Traveler
Bike
2007 ST1300
I had a set of Bridgestone GT30 and using this method was un-able to get the rear tire on. Had to resort to my no-mar changer. The front I was successful with this method, but I usually don't have any trouble with the front tire anyways.
As many have stated, stiff sidewall tires most likely will not work with this method, but something like a Michellin may be OK.

Onicabbit

Tailess Cabbit!
Site Supporter
Bike
18 Goldwing Tour
STOC #
Bryon and I tried it out had no problems. We squished the tire pretty good and it went on relatively easy. Saved the zip ties as well.

Bike
R1200rt
did it with a 160/70 zr17 bridgestone t30 and a 130/70zr18 bridgestone excedra max for my st1100

Top Bottom