What have you hit with your bike..??

Odie1

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Thankfully - not a hit ... but too close a call....

A wild boar in SE Oklahoma Saturday....

Odie1

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Very first bike, 1983 Kawasaki KZ550 - I hit a pedestrian in the road, because I had no where else to go. Guy was high as a kite and stepped out into traffic on a 4 lane. I changed lanes to the left lane, and was all the way on the double yellow looking head on with a Tacoma pickup. I chose to hit the softer of those 2. Guy face smashed into my shoulder and ripped my hand off the throttle, it laid him out in the road. When the Police arrived he had no idea where he was or what had happened, the fact that there were 2 crosswalks within 100 yards each way saved me. I wasn't ticketed, and was praised for all the evasive action I took to avoid him.

LATER on ran over a squirrel on my Harley Deuce. He didn't fare as well...
There should be some physical discomfort associated with stupid. Otherwise, there's little incentive to do better. Happy the drunk wasn't seriously injured.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I hit some logging roads Tuesday.......love Oct weather in NE Washington....
_20171024_160536.jpg. _20171024_160608.jpg

Bike
2019 Tracer 900 GT
I was riding along on a hot day with my face shield up and hit a bird.. it got stuck and was flapping around until it could stop and pull it out. Scared the you know what out of me. Minor scratches on my face and ruined shorts.. the bird was fine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Highway STar

Jock of all trades
Site Supporter
Bike
2012 Victory Vision
STOC #
My first year riding on the street, I think that would be '79, I was following a guy on a Bonneville when he slowed (no brake lights) and then when I went to pass him he turned left into my path (no turn signals nor hand signal) Was probably doing about 50kph. We both went down. My brake pedal was a pretzel and his seat came off. Other than that, no damage. Thankfully my only involuntary get-off to date.

Bike
2010 ST-1300
Hit a wire fence with my Hodaka Wombat when I was @ 13:eek: . Ran over a cats tail a couple years ago with my BMW. Hit a small skunk on the way to work last year. Luckily it didn't spray until after I was over it. Several close calls with deer, racoons, and porky pines on my way into work over the last 30 years. Lots of critters in the road when it's dark in the Adirondacks.

Bike
2004 ST1300
My first year riding on the street, I think that would be '79, I was following a guy on a Bonneville when he slowed (no brake lights) and then when I went to pass him he turned left into my path (no turn signals nor hand signal) Was probably doing about 50kph. We both went down. My brake pedal was a pretzel and his seat came off. Other than that, no damage. Thankfully my only involuntary get-off to date.

Until I got to the part where "his seat came off" I assumed the Bonneville offender was driving a Pontiac, but if I recall those were called a Parisienne (?) in Canada.

Bike
So far; '77 CB750k
Got a suicidal groundhog, midrift. Sucker sat watching heavy traffic until I showed up! Kissed the wife & kids & dove under my front wheel :ang1:. Wove through a herd of deer late one cold September night at 60 mph. Got home, changed pants & had a beer .

Bike
2012 ST1300
Suzuki DR350 - nothing
ST1100 - Rabbit, Roadrunner, rubbermaid trashcan, 2 by 4, big gulp thrown from car
Buell - 18 wheeler tire tread about 3 foot chunk
ST1300 - nothing yet

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Darth's first day out and a sparrow tried to race me. He didn't win.....bounced off the left mirror......:eek:4::shrug2::22yikes:

Bike
2004 ST1300A
I've clipped a few mirrors over the years and put a hole in the door of a car that decided to merge into my lane (footpeg through plastic cladding of a Saturn SL). Also had the windscreen turn a pigeon into puff of feathers; the mounting holes developed some radial cracks from that strike.

The best one, though, is the toupee incident in the early 90s. Riding behind a Vette with its top down on a fine spring day outside of Chicago on the East-West Tollway. We get to a toll plaza and throw our 40 cents in the basket in side-by-side lanes. The guy guns his Vette on the green light and I slot in behind him again as the lanes merge back down to 3. As this is happening I see this black cat-looking thing fly up and out of the car, arcing right toward me. I was in mid-shift at the time so didn't have much to do but watch it hit and bounce over the fairing of my old Goldwing. It didn't make much of an impact so I knew at that point that it was something light (a coonskin cap? ear muffs?) and didn't bother looking back in my mirrors. Good thing I didn't, because the now-bald driver in front of me tapped the brakes hard before he gave up and continued down the road.

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
I've clipped a few mirrors over the years and put a hole in the door of a car that decided to merge into my lane (footpeg through plastic cladding of a Saturn SL). Also had the windscreen turn a pigeon into puff of feathers; the mounting holes developed some radial cracks from that strike.

The best one, though, is the toupee incident in the early 90s. Riding behind a Vette with its top down on a fine spring day outside of Chicago on the East-West Tollway. We get to a toll plaza and throw our 40 cents in the basket in side-by-side lanes. The guy guns his Vette on the green light and I slot in behind him again as the lanes merge back down to 3. As this is happening I see this black cat-looking thing fly up and out of the car, arcing right toward me. I was in mid-shift at the time so didn't have much to do but watch it hit and bounce over the fairing of my old Goldwing. It didn't make much of an impact so I knew at that point that it was something light (a coonskin cap? ear muffs?) and didn't bother looking back in my mirrors. Good thing I didn't, because the now-bald driver in front of me tapped the brakes hard before he gave up and continued down the road.
Must have been a hair raising experience! (Sorry couldn't resist it).

JimSTer

Motorcycle "rider"!!
Bike
15 Yamaha FJ-09
STOC #
A very large snapping turtle. Didn't go down. And I don't know why. Hell of a bang when the forks were compressed to their stops.
I didn't go back to check on the turtle. So I don't know what happened to it.

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Have hit a few birds over the decades I've been riding, plus one pedestrian, one dog, and one fellow rider. The pedestrian strike involved a jay walker coming from a centre island heading for the curb, I aimed behind him, he sadly also realised his error and turned back for the island, so technically he ran into me...

The dog was loose on the street I lived and decided to run across the road from between parked cars on my side of the road. He was uninjured which was more than either my VFR400 or I could claim.

My worst head-hanging moment was in the first year of riding, doing a road trial with the University Motorcycle Club, which involved following a list of navigation directions to collect clues. I had the list taped to my tank top, and was just checking whether we should be taking the third right when the rider in front of me braked for the first right, and I rear-ended him, he fell and broke his arm. I'm still sorry about that one, Bruce!

Bike
92 ST1100
June 24, 2015..........as most know here, t-boned a driver coming from opposite direction making a left turn . Totaled ST and nearly me with 2monrths in hospital......OUCH! But did have a nice visit while in hospital from Vinny!

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
June 24, 2015..........as most know here, t-boned a driver coming from opposite direction making a left turn . Totaled ST and nearly me with 2monrths in hospital......OUCH! But did have a nice visit while in hospital from Vinny!
I know your pain. I had the same misadventure with my 2000 ST1100 courtesy of a beige Honda driven by an elderly lady with the same result. The impact made the bike a little more compact 100_0588.jpg and changed some of the geometry a bit. 100_0590.jpg

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
I know your pain. I had the same misadventure with my 2000 ST1100 courtesy of a beige Honda driven by an elderly lady with the same result. The impact made the bike a little more compact 100_0588.jpg and changed some of the geometry a bit. 100_0590.jpg
Glad your ok, and a nice side to that is that she upgraded you to a bigger better bike, the 1300! Sorry folks, I don't want to start a rebellion here, but maybe no one on the 1100 could catch the fastest ST out there, BLACK 1300!:poPoST1:

Top Bottom