What have you hit with your bike..??

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
OK I'm going to HIT Backfire Moto this evening in Ballard. 100's of bikes, all kinds. Great people watching!

New 06 ST1300 May '15 057 (Small).jpg

Fatjock

STOC #8872
Bike
'18 Glowing Tour DCT
STOC #
I hit my limits of frustration today trying to get my fairing back on! :mad:

Still, if at first you don't succeed, and all that.....................I'll try again another day.

Just as well I have another to ride until that one's complete. :)

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I hit a whirl wind / Tornado :mad: full of straw and dirt. Still picking straw from the nooks and crannies.

ToddC

Bike
07 ST1300
I hit a curve soaked in gasoline. My old Guzzi LAPD went low side then high side the downd the curb upside down! I slid through a traffic light on my back and came to a stop bleeding from everywhere. The light changed and the cars went around me and left me lying. My poor Guzzi had to wait for a tank, seat, bars, controls and so many other bits I don't remember to fly in from Italy.
I have forgotten all the other stuff.
Fun read this thread! Kinda afraid to leave the garage now!

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I hit some almost 80 degree weather in NE Washington the last week of Sept!!!!!

WoHooo!!!

I just wana Ride man I just wana ride!!!!

T

I got some already dead raccoon road kill the other day, just missed the dead skunk road kill about 40 feet past the raccoon. I Smelled the skunk and though I had hit that for a minute. Boy I'm glad I hit the raccoon instead of the skunk.... Blech.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I need one of these for my ST1300 ! For when I hit Deer !!
Meet Caspar the Deer Slayer !!!
2011 Tacoma FabFour bumper 010 (Small).jpg
This is what it looked like when I hit a deer at 70mph a couple years ago.
Toyo deer hit 003 (Small).jpg

ToddC

Last edited:
OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I'm gonna HIT the road tomorrow.......

Weather looks like it's going to be GREAT!

ToddC

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
Took a pigeon to the face shield doing 60 on I-5 in Seattle. Stayed upright but neck hurt for about a month. Also grazed a porcupine with my left foot peg a bunch of years ago while driving home from work at o'dark 30. Thankfully raised my foot high enough that the only thing that had quills sticking out of it was the rubber on the foot peg.

See ya on the WA state tour tomorrow!

Bike
ST1100 1994
back in the 1960s , in a VERY thick fog , right into the back of a parked car in my Ariel Square 4, the only one with a full dustbin fairing in the UK, no damage except some slight crazing to the fairing. Those London smogs were so thick, in fact the same night when I got home, went right by the house as the houses and numbers were invisible at 12 ft. That was probably the last real London smog, the Clean Air Act came in soon after. That smog caused 2000 deaths in 3 days by respiritory failure in London alone.

Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I hit a dog once many years ago on my GS850G, wife riding pillion. More accurately, the dog ran into the bike. We were riding on a county road, no traffic, and I saw the dog near the side of the road watching us approach. I thought to myself, "Self, that dog is going to try to chase us down as we go past". Sure enough, he started to run toward the bike, too late for me to get safely stopped before hitting him and didn't think I would really want to anyway, so I opened the throttle thinking I could beat him to point B. We almost made it, but the dog ran right into the side of the bike. Nothing even close to going down, but the impact did knock the right side cover off the bike. I found a place to turn around about 1/4 mi. down the road and went back to retrieve the side cover laying at the side of the road. I don't remember what happened to the dog, but he wasn't laying in the road near the point of impact, so maybe it just dazed him and he wandered off.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Bike
2010 ST1300
I post earlier that I was hit by a 98 Green Ford Explorer. The driver wanted to pay out of pocket rather than use insurance. She met me Sunday to finally pay the remainder of what she owed. As I was suiting back up to ride home she was telling her friends in her crazy black woman voice "he was doin like 90 miles an hour" and "it was probably his fault." I just laughed. Had I been going 90 she never would have hit me and had she I would not be posting on any forum.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I post earlier that I was hit by a 98 Green Ford Explorer. The driver wanted to pay out of pocket rather than use insurance. She met me Sunday to finally pay the remainder of what she owed. As I was suiting back up to ride home she was telling her friends in her crazy black woman voice "he was doin like 90 miles an hour" and "it was probably his fault." I just laughed. Had I been going 90 she never would have hit me and had she I would not be posting on any forum.
You should have gotten the Po Po involved......would have cost her a lot more......and maybe she would have learned a lesson in the process.

ToddC

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
...and maybe she would have learned a lesson in the process.
Currently reading Motorcycle Roadcraft, The Police Rider's Handbook, lemme quote a portion:
To become a better rider, the first step is to recognize the resistance in ourselves to accept responsibility.
The second step is to accept every near miss and collision as a learning opportunity to decide how you can avoid the same mistake in the future

Bike
2010 ST1300
I am working through in my own mind what I should do if there is ever a next time. It's kinda funny to me that I call the po po for other things like road debris but the first thought in an accident isn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
'83 BMW R100RS
STOC #
I haven't hit anything with my ST1300 (yet,) but about 33 years ago while riding my GS850G on a dark and lonely stretch of central Ontario Hwy 7, I was being tailgated by some mouth-breather in a pickup. He just wouldn't lay off and there was no hard shoulder for a pull-off (besides, I didn't really want to have an altercation out there in the middle of nowhere) so I just kept going. After a while he zoomed past me, cut in very tight in front of me and hit his brakes - I thought to annoy me - but in fact, he had struck a big dog on the road. He slowed for a moment and then kept going - leaving the dog stretched out right across the lane I was in. Because the truck was so close in front of me, I immediately ran the pooch over myself. The big Suzi reared up and then came back down - wiggled twice and then carried on as if nothing had happened. I turned around and went back and the poor old soul was just sighing his last. A nice big German Shepherd...somebodies loyal friend I am sure. I dragged the body off the road, made certain he was dead and then left him. I hope his owner found him. That Suzuki was a tank.

At some other points on the Suzuki, I hit a fox, a bunch of squirrels, a cat or two and a couple of birds - all without major damage, but the worst thing was a fairly small bird that came zooming in over top of my Hannigan fairing and hit me - right on the sternum (the chest bone where your ribs come together). That little so-and-so nearly knocked me off the bike. I got it stopped and took a few minutes to catch my breath and then the next day I was black and blue from chest to belly-button - and I swear I can still feel a tender spot where he got me 30+ years ago. Good thing the little bugger flopped down onto my tank-bag and died as I pulled off the road. The other bad one was a time up north of Lake Superior all alone on my Yamaha XS650B when I nailed a June bug (a type of big hard-shelled flying beetle - about an inch in diameter). He somehow got me on the forehead just above my sunglasses and just below the rim of my helmet. There was sticky yellow-coloured mung everywhere and I wound up with two black eyes the next day (as a result I spent about a week saying "you should see the other guy").

Coincidentally, that is just about the time I went from the shortie to a full-face.....:eek::

Top Bottom