What have you hit with your bike..??

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
Way back on my Honda CX500 I hit a Black Turbo Trans Am that started making a left and then stopped abruptly when he realized it was a one way. I swerved but clipped his quarter panel. Bent my handle bars and rode home that way. On the same bike I hit a swarm of moths at 65 mph at 4am riding to the Jersey Shore to catch a sunrise and had to powerwash the bike, leather jacket and helmet to get them off. Nothing but bugs hit on the ST1300 :)

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
A humongous, very fresh cowpie just outside Craig, CO, last year enroute to WeSTOC. What a mess. Both lower legs, boots, lower fairing, saddlebags, mufflers..... Arrrghhhh! The first commercial business in town was a DIY car wash. Took four cycles and every quarter Bill and I had. Yech..!

Edit: just noticed that after 10 years I'm one poST away from 3,000!

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Arrrghhhh! The first commercial business in town was a DIY car wash. Took four cycles and every quarter Bill and I had. Yech..!
LOL! :lol:
IMO K9 faeces are the worst... smiley-face-dry.gif
I always part the ST between the cars, with the rear wheel backed against the curb.
Upon take off I felt a short "blip" on the rear tire but didn't make much of it...
Couple minutes later, idling at a red light I just knew what made it from my rear tire to the now hot collector box back there... eek13.gif
The way to an open gas-station with a DIY pressure wash-box took just endless... literally...

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
I don't know if this counts but----- back in @ 1988 I was riding my custom built HD shovel chopper down PCH Huntington beach Cali. (no ATGATT or helmet back in the day) when some sweet young hottie wearing nothing but a white string bikini waved me down and asked for a ride. I took her back to my place and hit it more than once :D

Last edited:
OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Now that's hittin somethin with your bike......You win !

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
My brother-in-law hit a deer in Northern California- the deer died, he lived.
A riding buddy hit a fully grown bull moose in New Hampshire when he was 72 years old while riding a Honda Shadow- the moose died, he lived... barely!
I have hit various things like birds, racoons, etc. but the one with the most stopping power was the broadside of a Honda Civic. I know it was beige in color because I had a good look at it while I was flying through the air right over top of it. The civic lived, I lived, my poor ST1100 died.

ST1100.jpg

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
I didn't feel very tough the day after- felt sore ALL over.
I also ran over a fair size turtle once just outside of Deal's Gap on the way to the Fontanna Damn. That was quite the surprise! You have to watch out for those little buggers- the bike went airborne.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Anyone else hit a turtle ???
Well, since this kind or reptiles live in a different time-dimension, they appear kinda "frozen in time"... still, like a pot-hole, cow-pad or a rock lying on the road... ;-)
(I encountered like 3 of them little buggers on the island Sardinia...)

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ah yes the infamous "road turtles". Little and large white buggers.......motionless yet so firm.

T

Muchmore

Train killer
Bike
13 BMW K1600GTL
A humongous, very fresh cowpie just outside Craig, CO
I know a group of riders that were riding on I70 outside Colorado in construction traffic when several vehicles ahead a cow pooped down the side of a trailer which got into the duely tires and threw up a green mist which they ALL rode thru.

jfheilman

Site Supporter
Bike
2007 ST1300A
One deer, June 2014 Interstate in West Virginia. Deer was KIA... Bike damaged but serviceable. Rider get impacted in right leg as deer hit was right front part of bike and whipped around and struck me in the leg and shattered the right side case. Completed trip to Nova Scotia and back (duck tape and expoxy). However, bike is still in the shop getting "repaired" (since October 2014). I suspect I will not be doing a lot of business with Destination Honda in Clinton, SC

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Nine months to fix your bike ????? Ya I would say so........no future business for them. Just run with the duct tape...it will make a great story to tell.

ToddC

Top Bottom