What have you hit with your bike..??

STGuy

Play it makes life fun
Bike
2007 ST1300A
On my 84 Goldwing I hit a dead Golden Retriever dead center, 3 month old 1991 1500 GW SE...8 point Buck on I-29 by Omaha. Didn't go down. Hit it dead center in the rib cage. Drove to the nearest Honda shop. Pulled my fairing forward an inch and new headlight assembly and was able to drive it home the long way. Numerous small birds. Thankfully I missed a Great Horned owl in flight. It was coming off the fence post in the ditch and was at head level. I ducked and put my head on the tank. Came back up and it had passed over. Shoulder blades were sore for a week. Couple rabbits too.

Last edited:

schlep1967

Bill
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
After Rockstoc 1. Traveling up a very straight and flat Rt 220 in Wyoming I saw what looked like a 2x4 laying in my lane in the distance. As I got closer the 2x4 seemed to gain elevation. As I got even closer I realized it was a prairie dog standing up straight in the middle of my lane. Decision time. He is closer to the right side of the road but facing the left side. Which way is he going to run when he sees me closing on him? No idea. Aim straight for him and let him decide. He didn't decide so at the last minute I turned enough to just miss him on his back side. I forgot the trailer I was towing is wider than the bike. Got him with the left fender. I saw him spinning off the other side of the road in my left mirror. No damage to the trailer. I didn't check on the rodent.

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
On the ST, a 4x4 at 70 mph riding home from purchasing the bike, that was fun. Over the years on other bikes, pleanty of smaller birds, a hawk, a couple of cars, a cat, almost a condor taking flight but braked in time so as his wing hit my helmet (Huge bird!), a bat off my helmet shield and squirming in my lap, a jack rabbit at 90 mph (took out the lights on my HD), and a cow on a dirt bike.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
On the ST, a 4x4 at 70 mph riding home from purchasing the bike, that was fun. Over the years on other bikes, pleanty of smaller birds, a hawk, a couple of cars, a cat, almost a condor taking flight but braked in time so as his wing hit my helmet (Huge bird!), a bat off my helmet shield and squirming in my lap, a jack rabbit at 90 mph (took out the lights on my HD), and a cow on a dirt bike.
dang, and to think I wanted to ride next to you :rolleyes:

Bike
2007 ST1300 ABS
I hit the local dirt roads on the new toy.....
_20170706_111334.jpg
I've got one just like it (2008) that I commute on when the weather is nice. I get over 80mpg with it. While it's sort of the anti-ST in just about every aspect, it's a blast to ride. I added a small rack and a small pelican "topcase".

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I've got one just like it (2008) that I commute on when the weather is nice. I get over 80mpg with it. While it's sort of the anti-ST in just about every aspect, it's a blast to ride. I added a small rack and a small pelican "topcase".

Just bought a factory rack from Amazon warehouse deals for half cost..... mounted it this evening. Love factory parts!!! It is a 80s xl with disc brakes and electric start...!!! Already put over 100 miles on it.

ToddC

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Hit another Tweety Bird yesterday riding to Ephrata WA to go shooting with my old swim coach.

Poor Tweety...:22yikes:

OldWingit

Ed Wing
Bike
ST1300
A large coyote hit me right in front of my left foot at 60 mph ( he was doing about 20) Cracked the black lower plastic. A little impact wobble, no crash, coyote dead. I guess there not as smart they are supposed to be. That is the one time I was glad my '03 is over 700 lbs.

Ed

Bike
VStrom 650
When riding a Police spec 1100 around 98 ish, I was riding down a country lane minding my own business when a Pheasant ran across the front touched the wheel and then totally disappeared up the wailer mounted bottom right.
I had a bit of a wobble but the main problem was getting the remains of Pheasant out of the wailer and the blood off my oversuit. I was covered from head to toe it looked like the bike and me had been tarred and feathered.
It was almost the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Upt'North.

ReSTored

Site Supporter
Bike
2019 Tracer GT
STOC #
So far........... one 3' or so snake and and a 3' or so weasel like critter that made this terrible popping sound when I ran over it at about 100 km/h.

Top Bottom