What have you hit with your bike..??

Bike
'03 ST1300 ABS
Hit an Audi in the driver's door while turning left.... Audi was running a red-light in the city doing at least 80km/h where 50 is allowed. Never saw him coming. Bent the forks of my CB750k and hat to take a ride to hospital to get my nuts checked out. OUCH!

Bike
2002 ST1100
So......you are what happened to a "Flock of Seagulls"!!!! :)

ToddC
Years ago there was a picture in a magazine of a motorcycle accelerating under a flock of seagulls. Looked really cool.
I read an interview of the rider in the picture. He said that the picture looked cool, but a split second later he was engulfed in the results of the entire flock clearing their colon in unison.

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
A couple of nights ago I was cresting a steep incline on my way home from work at 2:00AM when I came across a family of raccoons. Unfortunately two of the smaller ones didn't make it to the other side of the street. One went squarely under my wheels and the other hit my boot and subsequently my tip over bar. A terrible adrenaline rush that made it very difficult to go to sleep when I got home.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
A couple of nights ago I was cresting a steep incline on my way home from work at 2:00AM when I came across a family of raccoons. Unfortunately two of the smaller ones didn't make it to the other side of the street. One went squarely under my wheels and the other hit my boot and subsequently my tip over bar. A terrible adrenaline rush that made it very difficult to go to sleep when I got home.
Just two less garbage can bandits...........:headbang:

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Well there was the time heading to CalSTOC and a big rig blew one of it's recaps, took my right side foot peg off and broke one of the pins in my ankle.

Squirrel hunter that sucks Similar thing twice in the same week. Making a short errand run wearing tennis shoes and got slapped on the big toe by a rolling road gator tread. Swelled up black and blue. Then 5 days later exit the freeway and the rig throws a tread. It squared off and I hit it straight on. Bottomed out the front forks as it went up and over. Damn near lost it coming down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
A football sized chunk of concrete....at 60 mph. Bent both wheels and deflated both tires immediately.
Kept it upright and made it to the side of the road. Had the shakes for the next 5 hours.
Buddy riding behind me said it launched me and the bike about two feet in the air. The front rim was bent enough that it almost hit the brake caliper and froze the front wheel.
T
IMG_20200927_140919.jpg

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Jaysus, Mary and Joseph, that could have been a whole lot worse!!! Very glad you're OK Todd, no more of that, please!!

Patty

How recent and would sideswiping a car in my lane count? Plus two deer, or the same deer twice. (there's a story there) and a truck.

Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Okay Todd the question is "how did you not see a football in the road?" I am surprised that it didn't take out the forks too. When did this happen?

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Okay Todd the question is "how did you not see a football in the road?" I am surprised that it didn't take out the forks too. When did this happen?
Last fall, on a two lane merge to a three lane. Was checking my blind spot to merge left. Just as I was looking back forward, it felt like I hit the back of a truck or something. Instant eye shut and body freeze. Mico second later, eyes open and I have shifted over another lane....right fairing pocket has blown open and contents are now spread across the hyway. Front wheel has a definite flat spot getting worse by the micro second....oh...now the rear is all wishy washy....
Buddy riding behind me said all the other cars slammed on their brakes and gave me room. He thought I was going to go down for sure....!
On a down hill grade, four lanes wide and now I am in the next to fastest lane.....gotta get to the right.....thru three lanes.

The reason I didn't see it...it was covered in black rubber from being hit by many others before me. And it was on a concrete roadway. Looked just like the road surface.
Buddy went back and found most of my pocket contents and collected the now two pieces of concrete....cause I broke it in two....and removed it from road.
And yes, I was worried about the forks and suspension as well. All checked out ok.
Made me watch the road surface alot more, that is for sure. But this thing was like invisible.... It broke the rim on the rear wheel... See the crack?
TIMG_20200927_140836.jpg

Bike
ST1300
Hi to all, I am a newbie to the forum. My name is Gary and i am from "down under", Queensland Australia. Been riding for nearly 50 years now and have owned numerous bikes in that time.
In the late ninetys i was riding home late in the afternoon after picking up my new ST1100. About a kilometre from home, a 5 foot tall kangaroo came from out of the forest on my left. I hit the brakes and as
i did the roo hit me smashing the front lower fairing. Luckily i stayed upright and came to a stop, the roo got up off the ground shook his head and hopped away. The damage was not to bad ,
i eventually repaired the fairing and all was good.

Bike
'07STA
STOC #
2003 CRV in downtown San Francisco Peir 19 June 2012. Duck tape $7900 damage when j got back home in Nova Scotia

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
In all the years I've been riding, I don't recall ever running into anything . . . while upright. :rolleyes:
Lucky..!!!
I have hit cats, birds, 2x4s, almost deer three different times, and now this hunk of concrete..... All within a 41 year span, over @150k miles.
Hope I am good for awhile. Last one spooked me good..!
T

A Hornet, peacefully buzzing along until it hit my helmet, then it was a very pissed off Hornet, it fell between my dick and the tank, luckily it was facing the other way and machine gunned holes in the tank. I have never dismounted so fast before in my life, the bike was still moving and I was running beside it holding the bars for dear life. Eventually the hornet got fed up and buzzed off again.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
A Hornet, peacefully buzzing along until it hit my helmet, then it was a very pissed off Hornet, it fell between my dick and the tank, luckily it was facing the other way and machine gunned holes in the tank. I have never dismounted so fast before in my life, the bike was still moving and I was running beside it holding the bars for dear life. Eventually the hornet got fed up and buzzed off again.
No video? :biggrin:

Top Bottom