New Adjustable Levers for ST1300 - AMAZING difference!!

Bike
2003 ST1300
Hey Guys!

So when I got my ST1300 I was very excited that it came with a hydraulic clutch, as I really prefer them to the clutch cable.

I was sorely dissapointed when I got on my bike for the first time because 1: The lever was not adjustable and 2: The engagement of the clutch was WAY too far out for my hands to be comfortable..I was either revving the piss out of the engine or dropping the clutch too hard towards the end. I have to use winter gloves during the colder weather which means they have limited movement, especially when they are bulky and I need control over the levers.

So I did some research online and decided I was going to go with these sets of levers from The Two Wheels. I did research on the more expensive levers like AGV and their competitors, but seriuousy... $300 + for levers?! They're all mostly the same except for some minor differences. These levers were around $60 or so, so I was expecting something not so amazing when they arrived.

http://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-GP-Levers-Adjustable-3D-HONDA-LE7-3D-HO.htm

image.jpeg image (1).jpeg image (3).jpeg image (2).jpeg

let me tell you, these are beautifully manufactured levers... made from solid piece of metal, CNC'd to perfection, beautifully made. Swapping them out for my stock levers, they fit 100% perfect with not a single modification needed, they were within the highest of tolerances for fitment. 2 minutes per side to switch over.

Within the first moment of riding, I set the clutch side to the #5 switch so that the clutch lever was closer to the bar.

I COULD NOT BELEIVE how amazing that made the bike feel. It was literally like riding a brand new completely different motorcycle. Having the ability to adjust the lever range on the clutch side made my bike feel like a much more powerful beast with the amount of control you can have now with more clutch control, instead of struggling with that horrible engagement on the last bit on the stock levers.

This so far has been the best mod I've done so far to to the bike for "Ease of usability"

I 100% recommend this mod to everyone. I would of loved to get the honda goldwing lever or the Kuryakn ones but they were not easy to source in my city.

PLUS, these LOOK GREAT. If you have any questions let me know!

OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
Many ST riders have bought these adj. levers in both regular and short length.
I'm glad, because it took me a hell of a long time to come to a decision as to which brand / price to go with... I am 100% satisfied with these levers vs. spending $300 or so on AGV or similar.

Bike
2012 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I purchased a factory Honda 04-07 CBR1000RR Adjustable clutch lever for mine PN 53180-MEJ-305. Works like a charm, is direct bolt on and it looks stock. Its only 1/2" shorter, so you don't even notice.

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
I purchased a factory Honda 04-07 CBR1000RR Adjustable clutch lever for mine PN 53180-MEJ-305. Works like a charm, is direct bolt on and it looks stock. Its only 1/2" shorter, so you don't even notice.
The CBR100RR clutch lever is a match for the stock ST1300 brake lever, too.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
PLUS, these LOOK GREAT. If you have any questions let me know!
They are trick looking. Is the2wheels in Canada?

I had the Kuraykin levers on my ST. They felt great but needed a bit of modding, at least for one of the levers. Something I didn't care for was that the projection on the Kuryakin brake lever that actuated the master cylinder plunger was off center and had less surface area than the factory lever.

I'd want my parking brake to be compatible too.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
OP
OP
Ricochet
Bike
2003 ST1300
LOL Ok nevermind. I took a leap and ordered these: http://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-GP-Levers-Adjustable-HONDA-LE7-HO.htm (non-3D) They're $10 cheaper since they lack the fancy engraving/texturing of the 3D models.

Those look to be the previous version made by the same company. Great price.
Good Choice! I happened to like the "3d" look of the levers so opted to get that one... but over all fit and performance is 100% worth $39 bucks... I think you will be quite happy with them as I am.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Did you get the long or short levers?
I ordered the long levers. With the levers closer to the grip I might not need the extra lever-age but I'd rather have it an not need it?

I happened to like the "3d" look of the levers so opted to get that one...
AFTER I ordered I went back to the site and saw that the 3D look ran the length of the levers and not just the one end. I'm kinda thinking I like the extra detail.

Thanks for the heads up on this. These look to be very nice kit and I would be really happy to get some granularity back. And the price ain't too shabby either.

Should I get long or short?
The long levers will need less effort than the short levers. If your factory levers feel like they need a high effort then the longer levers are probably your best bet. If the effort doesn't bother you the shorty should be fine. And they are less likely to break if you should have a tip-over.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Thanks for the heads up on these levers. I just ordered a red set for my '06. First step in a few personalisation projects on my to-do list.

Last edited:

JT105

Let's Ride!
Bike
12 ST1300, 15 NC700X
These look sweet. I think I'm going to order a set.

Any feedback on how well the color holds up?

I was going to order RED to accent the black bike, but would be upset if the red color wore off in a year. Then it would just make the bike look old and worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
I just ordered these thanks to you. $49.99 and I had a PayPal discount if $15. $35 shipped. Can't beat that.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I noticed the Honda VFR Interceptor had an adjustable clutch lever with the same set up as the ST. Ordered a lever, $32.00 from local dealer, works like a charm! it is about 1/2 inch shorter than the OEM ST lever but I can't tell the difference.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
I noticed the Honda VFR Interceptor had an adjustable clutch lever with the same set up as the ST. Ordered a lever, $32.00 from local dealer, works like a charm! it is about 1/2 inch shorter than the OEM ST lever but I can't tell the difference.
I was all happy. Now I feel like I overpaid [emoji34] thanks Indian express. lol

Top Bottom