My Rostra dip settings

Bike
06 ST1300
I used the universal like everyone did, 250-1223, I used the Rostra switch 250-3593 the one with out the engage light that needed the relay, I wired in an LED light from the orange wire and to hot, I used Rostra pulse divider x4 250-4379. I mounted the Rostra servo under the rear seat where I can see the dip switches with just removing the seat. I trimmed the tool pouch tray flat to hold the servo. I had to splice in or connect an old cable from an A'vox I used to use on my Valk. The servo can be removed if I need to get to things behind it. I test ran the bike in the mountains then out to the flats. I started at 7900 alt. and went down to 6900 alt. in 6 miles. I set the cruise at 45 mph and 3k rpms. due to some 35 mph curves. I would rather be in control of the throttle but I have done these curves at 55 and figured this was ok. It engaged right away due to no slack in my cable and no beads. It would creep to 47 where it got steep and then drop off to 45. I did the same coming back up and it stayed right at 45 . I had some two lane for 9 miles up and down some hills but nothing of any significant stress and set it at 55 mph in 5 gear. I hit I-25 and went to 75 and it held there just fine, I used the accelerate button to go 80 and then 85. I did the decelerate button down to 75. I went 30 miles and then home. Gain, low; #1 on, #2 off: Pulse/mile 19300; #3on, 4off, 5on, 6on : Engine /set up; 4 cylinder low, #7 on, #8 off, #9 off: VSS source; square wave input #10 on: Trany; #11 off: control switch; #12 off. It works very well. I did reroute the PCV hose over the air box intake not under it like stock, bought some hose that would fit. I did not want anything rubbing or being held up.
bike photo 022.jpgbike photo 026.jpgbike photo 017.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
'98 ST1100
STOC #
I just changed my settings from 6 cylinder / LOW to 4 cylinder / LOW and it seems to work a little better.

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
I did some testing again and found a better setting for st1300 changes made, pulse to 19300 and dip #4 off. These were the only changes from post #1.

Bike
'16 or '08 Goldwing
I did some testing again and found a better setting for st1300 changes made, pulse to 19300 and dip #4 off. These were the only changes from post #1.
Thanks a bunch guys. I used the dip switch settings you recommended and hooked it up per the instructions (as best I could understand them) - it worked first time! Took me a while to figure out where to put the servo (in front of, and above the right storage compartment) only issue is the "engaged" light on the control switch - where do I find a wire that gives 12v when the servo is active?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
Which control switch are you using? I am sure you know that the orange wire from the rostra servo is the one that indicates engaged or not. I used a separate LED light for the engaged light. The LED had two wires one went to ground and other went to the orange wire. The switch I used was from an old vacuum unit that did not have the engage light.

Thanks a bunch guys. I used the dip switch settings you recommended and hooked it up per the instructions (as best I could understand them) - it worked first time! Took me a while to figure out where to put the servo (in front of, and above the right storage compartment) only issue is the "engaged" light on the control switch - where do I find a wire that gives 12v when the servo is active?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I thought that that switch assembly in post 1 had an "on" light already internally hooked up to the on/off sw. in that assembly. have you changed it over to be an "engaged" light?

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
You are correct my switch in post 1 does have an on light only in the center. It comes on when you turn the unit on not when you engage the cruise. I have a small separate orange LED for engage. They do have a switch like mine that does have an engage light as well, I think.

I have just installed the Rostra 250-1223 system on this weekend with the Goldwing handlebar switch, and I'm having trouble getting it dialed in.

It seems be ok at 30mph and ok above 65mph, but it hunts for the set speed between 30 and 65.

I am going to try the dip switch settings recommended above such as:
1- ON
2 - OFF
3 - ON
4 - OFF
5 - ON
6 - ON
7 - ON
8 - OFF
9 - OFF
10 - ON
11 - OFF
12 - OFF

I'm using the Centrodyne pulse divider. First attempt was dividing the signal by 2. Second attempt was dividing it by 4. I was having trouble with both settings. What setting did you use to get it to be smooth?

I have just installed the Rostra 250-1223 system on this weekend with the Goldwing handlebar switch, and I'm having trouble getting it dialed in.

It seems be ok at 30mph and ok above 65mph, but it hunts for the set speed between 30 and 65.

I am going to try the dip switch settings recommended above such as:
1- ON
2 - OFF
3 - ON
4 - OFF
5 - ON
6 - ON
7 - ON
8 - OFF
9 - OFF
10 - ON
11 - OFF
12 - OFF

I'm using the Centrodyne pulse divider. First attempt was dividing the signal by 2. Second attempt was dividing it by 4. I was having trouble with both settings. What setting did you use to get it to be smooth?

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
I used the divide by 4, how did you run the vacuum hose? There may be something binding or rubbing the arm where your cc cable attaches . There was problems of the arm rubbing on the vacuum tube, that sounds like it to me. If it sets at 30 with very little movement of the throttle and then sets at 65 with quite a bit of throttle rotation and hangs up in between sounds like rubbing or binding a bit.

I left my air box and CCV hose off during my test drives to know that nothing would get hung up, so I'm pretty sure that is not the problem.

I clipped the C8 capacitor in the pulse divider. I wonder if that was the right thing to do...

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
I left my air box and CCV hose off during my test drives to know that nothing would get hung up, so I'm pretty sure that is not the problem.

I clipped the C8 capacitor in the pulse divider. I wonder if that was the right thing to do...

I know in the past you did clip the c8, I went with the x4 from rostra. You will have to go back in the forums and see the reason why, I do not remember. The x4 from rostra is the size of a book of matches. Retrace your wiring and settings just doesn't make cense that it will set at 30/65 and no other. If it still doesn't work post a separate question.

Bike
2015 GoldWing
STOC #
semo97, still happy with these dip settings? Doing the Rostra install now with their x4divider and 250-3592 switch with engage light.

OP
OP
Bike
06 ST1300
semo97, still happy with these dip settings? Doing the Rostra install now with their x4divider and 250-3592 switch with engage light.

DonP, yes sir I am totally satisfied engages fast but one thing it does when set and starting down hill it backs off very fast to keep the set speed it will surprise you. I just disengage if it is to be a long down hill. Sounds like you have the right switch and x4 it should work well for you. I used one chain bead to attach and very little slack if any, just watch for binding of any kind

Bike
2015 GoldWing
STOC #
Thanks Semo, I got it all installed and passed diognostic check. Have not done a test run yet as I'm installing a aux fuse panel and Stebel horn kit. Set the cable with no beads as recommended by Rostra but have the 1/8" slack. Thanks again for the dip settings! ;)

Bike
2015 GoldWing
STOC #
Okay test run done and I have some surging and coasting at 55. Think I need to change a dip setting up from 4cyl low. Not bad at 70 mph though.

Bike
2015 GoldWing
STOC #
I did some further research on the FJR and C14 forums on Rostra dip settings and found some other settings to try. After making a second adjustment and test ride I feel I now have the best settings for smooth engagement and tap up speed tested from 45 to 80 mph. Here are the settings from 1 to 12 from pg 8 of Rostra universal Global Cruise 250-1223 and an explanation on why... :)
Off,off,on,off,on,on,off,off,off,on,on,off

1 and 2 off for extra low gain means less sensitivity and surging when it engages.
3,4,5,6 set for 19300 pulses using Rostra x4 pulse divider 250-4379
7,8,9 all off set for 8 cylinder low, just seems to smooth things out.
10 on for square wave
11 on for auto trans, no clutch disengement wire connection. C14 theory is it senses rpm and cuts cruise off when rpm hits ecm ignition cut off. Like if you have a get off and don't hit the brakes in time to dis-engage cruise control.
12 off for the Rostra open circuit dash switch 250-3592 with the on and engaged LEDs. I also sealed the switch with silicone as it is not waterproof from the factory.

If you're having surging or erratic accell or deceleration when engaged give these a try. It made a world of difference on my 07 ST1300. ;)

IMG_20151004_141237.jpg

Last edited:
I installed this unit on my 2004 St1300, it is very disappointing. Low speed surging and erratic behavior. I have the pulse divider set on 2. there is a lot of confusion on dip switch. Every body has a different setting. hat setting works th best.

Top Bottom