avon ultra 3d xm

Bike
'04 ST1300 Blue STar
That is pretty sad performance on the Avon tire. I hope you were able to get some satisfaction out of the mileage guarantee ?? Cat'

Well, I ran a 3d xm on my FJR because they say they'll go 15,000 miles....4700 to the wires in the carcass, never felt confident in the corners...rear tire only....had to put a Shenko Raven on in Billings Mt (shout out to MD Turley for his recommendation to go to HiTech Yamaha)....not impressed with the Avon, Shenko feels great.....got 7000 out of a previous one and felt good til the end...for a lot less money the Shenko's a better tire (for me)........ff

Bike
2014 FJR ES 2009 WEE
Didn't even try.....bought tire online from Jake Wilson and installed privately....my understanding is warranty only applies through mc dealers....at any rate will not buy another........ff

Bike
2000 ST1100
I have had 2 sets of 3dxm on my 1100, and found the grip fine, I don't hang around, ask the sports bikes that passed. I have found them great tyres, I am a moto marshal on major cycling events and often have to travel fair distances to events and back as well as the race itself, so those two sets where done in 12 months ;-) I get about 8-10,000 form the backs and a bit more from the fronts. I have just put a set on my new 05 1300, to give me a base line to compare the two bikes and see which I like better.

Top Bottom