wife's observation about the ST1300

Bike
2008 ST1300
I purchased my ST13 new when I was 33, and just days before turning 34. The salesman remarked "Wow! We've never sold one of these to anyone under 40 before."

Bike
2009 Wee Strom
I purchased my ST13 new when I was 33, and just days before turning 34. The salesman remarked "Wow! We've never sold one of these to anyone under 40 before."
Talking to my local honda dealer, it'd be more like, "Wow! Never sold one of these before....."

No one around here seems to stock 'em. Ah well. I got mine.

Alexi

Bike
02 ST 1100
STOC #
I bought a new 88 Wing in my early 40's it was the nicest bike I ever had covered a lot of ground with her, many long trips.
Now I have an 02 ST-1100 and think it is the best bike ever. I am a lot older now and also have another 1500 Wing and it is not near the bike the ST is. I call it a Sport Bike With Luggage. I can't out run the Sport Bikes, but get in the twisties and a lot of them can't keep up with me. So it is a trade off and I can run a lot longer without stopping for gas, or just have to stop and get off for a while. I don't want to ride any sport bikes any more, The ST is plenty Sporty for me. I have not rode a ST-1300, my 1100 is plenty good enough for me she is plenty Quick, and will go a lot faster than I want to ride. I don't need to get anywhere that fast.

Bike
ST1100, 1998 non abs
ive owned about twenty odd bikes over the years and my 99 st1100 is my personal favorite, it does everything i need and more, im 43 this year and i dont think im old at all, i like the fact you can work on the bike too, try doing a simple job on a new bike!!!

Ive a 1500 mile trip in July and cant wait as im only commuting 60 miles a day at the moment.

chris

Bike
ST1300
Yeah, I've had a couple of my boys call it a Old Man's bike! But one of them sure loved it when we did our 2,200 mile trip last September, since his Yamaha 600 wouldn't have made the trip! :rofl1:
It's only a older mans bike cos we have learnt a lot when we were younger bikers! Now we are more intelligent about bikes we buy the best! Old guys rule! Yeah :)

clicker666

2005 ST1300
Bike
2005 ST1300
My last two bikes were a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, fully kitted out, and a Victory Vegas 8-Ball. The wife liked the look of the bikes, but finds this one much more comfortable. I even had a special seat for her on the old bikes. I picked up a used Sargeant seat and a top box with backrest, and she actually asked me when we could go on a ride again after our last trip. Despite the fact that we got caught in a cold miserable day with rain on the last trip.

I'm 49 and over the whole look thing. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the ST1300, but my Victory was sweet looking. But nobody gave a crap but me, so who cares! This bike is the best bike I've ridden since the 80's. My first bike was a '84 750 Nighthawk S, and I haven't felt as good on a bike since then until now.

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
My last two bikes were a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500, fully kitted out, and a Victory Vegas 8-Ball. The wife liked the look of the bikes, but finds this one much more comfortable. I even had a special seat for her on the old bikes. I picked up a used Sargeant seat and a top box with backrest, and she actually asked me when we could go on a ride again after our last trip. Despite the fact that we got caught in a cold miserable day with rain on the last trip.

I'm 49 and over the whole look thing. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the ST1300, but my Victory was sweet looking. But nobody gave a crap but me, so who cares! This bike is the best bike I've ridden since the 80's. My first bike was a '84 750 Nighthawk S, and I haven't felt as good on a bike since then until now.
I'm thinking you've been riding the wrong style of bike. ;) They may look pretty, but... All of mine have been "standards". They may have been chrome challenged, but I loved riding all of them. Glad you found the ST.

Bike
2003 ST1300
I bought my ST1300 when I was 33 years old, I don't see anything "old" about a really refined, smooth and comfortable ride with sporty capabilities. I bought my Triumph Rocket when I was 32, thats probably even an "Older" mans bike since I've never seen anyone under 40 buy one either. I've been riding for a long time so I appreciate the good things about these bikes, not just because they are vroom vroom fast.

Top Bottom