Shuey Wolfe, Moto Journo

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Started to flip through the spring issue of Iron Butt magazine and saw our own Shuey Wolfe gracing the pages with his comprehensive story about FJR farkling. If you've seen his FJR in person, you understand "comprehensive."

Nicely done!

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Really interesting process getting something published . . . submit, get response, rewrite, edit, submit . . . repeat, argue in favor of a point being made or unique phrasing . . . submit, accept, thank editor profusely for all the help. It gets easier with experience Bones, right?

Shuey

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I saw that a few days ago when I got my issue. Nice write-up Shuey.

OP
OP
Bones

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Really interesting process getting something published . . . submit, get response, rewrite, edit, submit . . . repeat, argue in favor of a point being made or unique phrasing . . . submit, accept, thank editor profusely for all the help. It gets easier with experience Bones, right?

Shuey
Experience does help. Let me suggest one step prior to Submit. Query. Get in touch with the editor and ask what he needs.

With a published story in to your name, now you have a better idea of an editor needs. That should help next time you have a story to tell.

Bike
2006 ST1300
I just received my copy a few days ago. Great article Shuey, and very well set up FJR!

Jim

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Thanks all for the kind comments! The process was much more labor intensive than I imagined when asked to write the article, but . . . always up for a challenge. All-in-all it was a very satisfying experience thanks to the support of the IBA Mag staff who delivered on their promise to make me "look good."

Shuey

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Is there anyplace on the web for us non Iron Butt Magazine subscribers to get a looksee? (Please, no copyright violations are suggested!)

Bike
ST1300
ST_Jim or others,

You can subscribe to the iron butt mag at http://www.ironbuttrecords.com or http://www.ibaestore.com
Everyone has their own personal definition of value and I respect that, but I consider the $20/year for the 4 issues of this mag well worth the money. It is a really good mag IMHO. And no, I don't get commission for magazine sales, I just usually read it cover to cover.

Shuey's article is a great read and full of valuable farkle ideas. I have had the opportunity to meet him in two different long distance rallies. He is a great rally rider, motorcyclist, and an overall genuinely nice guy.

Top Bottom