Gloves Need new summer gloves

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
Hey folks... I need some new summer gloves. I was using some Joe Rocket's that fit and feel great but they are now in Phoenix. I've been looking around and trying things in Stealerships but nothing said Buy Me yet. What are you guys (and gals) using for warmer weather riding? I cannot justify spending $100+ for some leather with mesh and carbon knuckles but I want protection. Many name brands on Amazon only get average ratings; mostly for seams and threads failing (China). My winter stuff is Revit and Warm-n-Safe, which is way too hot (but worth the $150). Thanks!

Howard

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Olympia leather and mesh. Most comfortable summer weight gloves I've owned. The leather doesn't get hard after drying out after rains. Seams don't rub. Hasn't stained my jacket like most gloves.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Unlined deerskin gloves. Look similar to that Aerostich product and about the same price.

Bike
2005 ST
I have a pair of Icon Pursuit that I really like . Short , perforated leather , knuckle protector , comfortable .

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
My Held Steves are on their way out after nine years and will very likely be replaced with a set of the current version.

--Mark

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I have a pair of Aerostich Vegans but I can't find them any longer on their website so I don't think they make them any more......bummer. They are my favorite summer weight gloves.
Mike

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
I jumped off in the deep end and ordered a pair of Motoport Kevlar Racing gloves. Time will tell if it's a good investment or not.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
I jumped off in the deep end and ordered a pair of Motoport Kevlar Racing gloves. Time will tell if it's a good investment or not.
Their stretch kevlar (not the mesh stuff) is a great material. Looking forward to hearing how it works out for gloves.

edit.. on re-reading this, didn't mean to infer that the Motoport mesh, which so many like, is not a good material. Just that for me, the stretch kevlar is far better.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 ST1300
What kind of reinforcing/protection do they put on the palm? If I were to fall off my bike, I'd expect my hands would be down on the pavement as I slide along.....

Bike
2014 FJR 1300 ES
I haven't received the gloves yet…..you can read the specs by clicking on the blue highlighted word in any of the posts.

Bike
1997 Honda ST1100
My Vote would have to be the Speed and Strength "Trial by Fire" gloves. They are comfy goatskin and mesh with armor where it counts without bulk. They run a size small IMHO. I can usually squeeze into a large. The XL's are snug on me. $60 from motorcycle-superstore and from my LBS. They breathe right through the armor on the knuckles.:D
GLOVES.jpgGLOVES3.jpg
BTW: Made in Indonesia

Last edited:
Bike
'95 ST1100
STOC #
What kind of reinforcing/protection do they put on the palm? If I were to fall off my bike, I'd expect my hands would be down on the pavement as I slide along.....
I had a low side get off last October. I'm a Motoport believer. I was wearing their Kevlar racing gloves along with their mesh Kevlar jacket and pants. I know I have to count my blessings that things could have been far worse but I got up and walked away without any pain, bruises, broken bones, etc.

My trusty STeed did not do so well.

ATGATT is the best practice. Buy the best protection you can afford, you are worth the expense.

T:money1:

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
Hey folks... I need some new summer gloves. I was using some Joe Rocket's that fit and feel great but they are now in Phoenix. I've been looking around and trying things in Stealerships but nothing said Buy Me yet. What are you guys (and gals) using for warmer weather riding? I cannot justify spending $100+ for some leather with mesh and carbon knuckles but I want protection. Many name brands on Amazon only get average ratings; mostly for seams and threads failing (China). My winter stuff is Revit and Warm-n-Safe, which is way too hot (but worth the $150). Thanks!

Howard
I'm a bit of a glove hound. I've just purchased these gloves from B bar B wholesale. They're deerskin, very comfortable and relatively thin, when compared to my other motorcycle gloves. However, the fit very well, feel fantastic. I think they're going to be my new summer glove of choice. The best part? Only $45.
http://www.bbarbwholesale.com/gloves-motorcycle-deerskin-patented-comfort-design-long-cuff-p-277.html?osCsid=1a82348a53829ad2e258d4a244ea2170

P.S.

Don't be too tempted by the short glove. They only cover up to the heel of the hand; not even close to the wrist.

OP
OP
Outbackwack

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
I ordered a few pairs to try and waiting for them to arrive, along with the new PR4 rear... stay tuned.

Top Bottom