Gloves Need new summer gloves

skipcurt

Skip
Bike
'18 BMW R1200 GSA
STOC #
My Summer gloves are the Held Air Stream. Same pair since 2011 at 6-10k mi/yr. Absolutely love them but I do not like the price they are now charging...but you get what you pay for.

Skip

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
And now I am also looking. My current hot weather gloves are the Cortech DX, which have very little protection but lots of air flow and are very comfy. I also have TM Dri-Mesh for wet or mild/warm weather. Both are 6 years old and need to be replaced likely by the end of the season. I like the Dri-Mesh in spite of very little impact protection. Figure dry hands are more important and my budget is restricted for these things. I am currently looking at TM Summer Elite 3, Alpinestars Megawatt and Alpinestars SMX-1 (similar but one has more mesh but the same knuckle armor). Leaning to the Megawatt or SE3 right now. Generally when it rains the temps lower into the mild/warm range so the Dry-Mesh work (not the best gloves for hot temps). Gloves are the only part of my gear that I'll get more than one of right now since there is no "flex" glove that works for hot to cold temps... yet.

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Bike
2006 ST 1300
STOC #
I'm assuming you wearing these for more then just riding. Cause if you wear them out in a few months of being on the bike, they ain't worth $20. If they wear that fast the road wi eat them even faster should your hands ever contact it directly.
Punctuation isn't my strong suit. I should have said, " for $20.oo - you could get a pair every couple months".

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
Olympia leather and mesh. Most comfortable summer weight gloves I've owned. The leather doesn't get hard after drying out after rains. Seams don't rub. Hasn't stained my jacket like most gloves.
+1 on that....my Olympia's are great and several years old.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom