FZ1 fuse block install, ST1300

BaileyRock

Senior Screamer!
Bike
2013 Ducati MS1200S
I've had great luck using these compact and nicely designed FZ1 fuse blocks on my other rides so I decided to add one to the ST. BTW the FZ1 fuse block has nothing to do with the Yamaha model of the same name. First I had to gut out the CB/AM/FM set-up the original owner had taking up space under the seats which opened up the space i decided to use to mount the FZ1.
This is under the rear seat and sits on the flat plastic undertail where one of the rubber holders reside. These units are great and have 5-6 circuit options that can either be powered All the time or Key-On only all by simply moving the fuse between the pegs on each circuit.
I also bought 12' of 18/4 wire from Home Depot to house whatever circuits i decided to run. These were Radar & GPS on one circuit, extra powerlet that was already installed on the bike and a currently two unused circuits for heated Grips & Girbing heated jacket liner.
I think it's a really clean and simple install and easy to access.The FZ1 can be found for around $100 on -line.
Hope you enjoy it.
BR

Attachments

Bike
2003 ST1300
I've got one of these FZ1s in my Triumph Rocket and I really like it. I have it worked up for 2 separate power sources and some lights that turn on and off with the ignition. I found that my bike has the Honda quartet plug installed so most of my accessories power up with the ignition already.

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
I love that fuzebox. I installed mine a bit further back with some heavy duty Velcro for easy removing when I'm adding farkles or troubleshooting something. Never had any issues with them.IMAG0371.jpg

Bike
2012 Kawasaki C14
STOC #
Great product that was built and designed by one of our own. Curt Gran was the inventor and a very active participate on this board. I just purchased one last week to install on the Concours I recently picked up.

Papa

R.I.P. - 2020/02/10
Rest In Peace
Bike
Blue Breeze
STOC #
I couldn't help but notice, you have a green and a white wire on the ground bus side, but also a green and a white on the 12v positive side. Wouldn't that possibly cause some confusion in the future if you were troubleshooting out amongst the wiring harness on the bike?

OP
OP
BaileyRock

BaileyRock

Senior Screamer!
Bike
2013 Ducati MS1200S
I couldn't help but notice, you have a green and a white wire on the ground bus side, but also a green and a white on the 12v positive side. Wouldn't that possibly cause some confusion in the future if you were troubleshooting out amongst the wiring harness on the bike?
Good point and yes it would, but I have one run for left side and one run for right side accessories and will use opposite power colors when installed.

Bike
2004 ST1300A
I love that fuzebox. I installed mine a bit further back with some heavy duty Velcro for easy removing when I'm adding farkles or troubleshooting something. Never had any issues with them.IMAG0371.jpg
Has anyone found an alternate space to put a fuse block? I have ABS so under the driver's seat is taken and I installed an MC cruise control so the space under the passenger seat is taken!

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
Curt made a fine, reliable bus box. R.I.P. Curt Gran. They are still sold so I assume (ducking) that Cindy is still marketing them.
I've had them in three ST 1100s and a Gold Wing.
I remember Curt had one under the fairing, ahead of both knees. Each one served a side I believe. That bike was loaded.

Last edited:

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
Has anyone found an alternate space to put a fuse block? I have ABS so under the driver's seat is taken and I installed an MC cruise control so the space under the passenger seat is taken!
You could anyway go attached to the inside of the fairing, to the fairing pocket wall.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I'm in for a major headache. I have some type of auxiliary fuse block in this same spot under my rear seat. I know I have auxiliary lights and heated grips, but there is a 3rd wire coming in. There is a larger gauge red wire that comes in from the battery. I also have what appears to be a factory double powerlet outlet installed next to my rear shock adjustment knob, and a single just below my pocket on the right side. I'm not big on working on electrical, but I rather not spend the $$$$ at my motorcycle shop to track down the leads. Any tips. . . my 1st thought would be to pull a fuse, then turn on the motorcycle and see what doesn't turn on and figure it out by trial and error. This shouldn't cause any issues, right? I'm just not looking forward to pulling off all of the plate on the sides and front for a convinience ussue, but the powerlet outlets are getting g power as far as I can tell and it's kind of annoying to have then there but not being able to use them. . .

Bike
2005 st1300
I'm in for a major headache. I have some type of auxiliary fuse block in this same spot under my rear seat. I know I have auxiliary lights and heated grips, but there is a 3rd wire coming in. There is a larger gauge red wire that comes in from the battery. I also have what appears to be a factory double powerlet outlet installed next to my rear shock adjustment knob, and a single just below my pocket on the right side. I'm not big on working on electrical, but I rather not spend the $$$$ at my motorcycle shop to track down the leads. Any tips. . . my 1st thought would be to pull a fuse, then turn on the motorcycle and see what doesn't turn on and figure it out by trial and error. This shouldn't cause any issues, right? I'm just not looking forward to pulling off all of the plate on the sides and front for a convinience ussue, but the powerlet outlets are getting g power as far as I can tell and it's kind of annoying to have then there but not being able to use them. . .
Just browsing electrical threads getting ready to add a Fuzeblock myself and just now saw your post. If you are still looking for assistance, the best bet would be to post a picture of your add-on fuse block. Im sure between everyone here, you can figure out what you have going on. The fact that you have some add-on electrical and the P.O. installed a power distribution terminal and didnt just cobble a bunch of wires to the battery is a good start

st11ray

2006 ST1300
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Your Powerlet outlets are not factory installed.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I figured out the double is working properly, but one of the former owners cut the line (intentionally) to the outlet by the right side pocket.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
I figured it out. . I was for double powerlet, 1 for heated grips, 1 for single powerlet. I actually added my GPS mount to the fuse block too. . .

I love the MCL mounting plate.
I just semi installed the MCL FZ1 Block mounting plate tonight. I also installed a new Honda trunk. I'm a little concerned my two front trunk bolts will come lose being the MCL does not have locking threads. I used a double nut on the right front side but that electrical connector in the rear won't allow me to double nut the left front trunk side. Dan did you just bolt the trunk bolts into the MCL, if so are you worried about the front trunk bolts coming lose. Where do I get switched power? hopefully not from the electrical connector right behind the MCL because I can't get that apart now that the MCL is in place.

The Dan

The Dude Abides
Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
2009 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Top Bottom