Maps in your signatures

Bike
2005 ST1300
While reading through several posts on this site, I repeatedly see people have maps of Canada and the USA in their signature underneath each of their posts with the States/Provinces they've toured coloured in. Can anyone tell me where I can get such a thing for my signature? Can I use it in other forums that are similar in layout/structure to this one? How do you colour in the states/provinces after you visit a new one?

Thanks,

Morrissey

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
Question, I've only colored in the states that I've ridden a motorcycle in, given that this is a motorcycle forum. Is that the norm, or do most members color in any state/province they've traveled in regardless of mode of transportation?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Question, I've only colored in the states that I've ridden a motorcycle in, given that this is a motorcycle forum. Is that the norm, or do most members color in any state/province they've traveled in regardless of mode of transportation?
It's your signature- do what you like would be my advice. Perhaps a compromise: two maps, one showing all states/provinces you have visited and one limited to motorcycle visits?

In addition to the EPGSoft site you can find others by googling for "visited states map". You'll find other sites that will do the same thing.

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Motorcycle ridden states is the norm, as this is a motorcycling forum.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Just the states and provinces I have ridden various bikes through over the years. Must get over to the East coast of Canada some day to fill in four more, but there's no desire to do a 12 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland!

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
but there's no desire to do a 12 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland!
Newfoundland was one of our favourite motorcycle destinations, all the Maritime Provinces are nice but there is something special about Newfoundland. From North Sydney to Port Aux Basques is only about 6 or 7 hours. I think for most it is places travelled by motorcycle.

Gerhard

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Newfoundland was one of our favourite motorcycle destinations, all the Maritime Provinces are nice but there is something special about Newfoundland. From North Sydney to Port Aux Basques is only about 6 or 7 hours. I think for most it is places travelled by motorcycle.Gerhard
That's still 6 or 7 hours of ocean too far for me and I hear it can be a rough crossing as well. I won't ever be on a cruise ship either. Been on the Cabot Trail in a car back in '84, but would like to do that by bike someday and a ride across the Confederation Bridge to PEI would be on the agenda too.

Gerhard

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 R1200RT
Fair enough I did not realize that you weren't comfortable with the crossing, in our case the trip over was rough and the longer return crossing from Argentia was smooth. Two years ago we did a few ferry trips in BC and they hardly strap the bikes down there when compared to the east coast.

Gerhard

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
I checked few and you have or different colors, like these on this forum that you CAN'T choose colors, or the maps with all states with the same color. Anybody knows were to make a map where I can choose the color? Because (for my car travels; I never left Iowa on the motorcycle - for now) I drove through some states w/o makings stops or just to fill up gas, while in some I was on vacation. I wold like to "distinguish" them a little bit. :)

Bike
None
STOC #
Just the states and provinces I have ridden various bikes through over the years. Must get over to the East coast of Canada some day to fill in four more, but there's no desire to do a 12 hour ferry ride to Newfoundland!
When I tried to edit my signature by adding a "provinces visited" map to the "states visited" map which was already in my signature, I was advised that "only one image" is allowed. Consequently, it would seem that I am stuck with the choice of showing either the states visited map or provinces visited map, but not both. However, you and other members of the forum have BOTH maps in your signature. However, it seems that both maps are shown in one image which probably successfully avoids the "only one image" prohibition. How do you do that?

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
However, you and other members of the forum have BOTH maps in your signature. However, it seems that both maps are shown in one image which probably successfully avoids the "only one image" prohibition. How do you do that?
Ummmmmm . . . . I forget now. :eek::

I know I had a Photoshop friend do something for me with the map images, but other than that . . . . ? Took me a while to get it figured out though, at the time.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
You should be able to use Photoshop or other photo editing program to merge more than one image into just one image that you can put into your signature.

Bike
None
STOC #
Ummmmmm . . . . I forget now. :eek::

I know I had a Photoshop friend do something for me with the map images, but other than that . . . . ? Took me a while to get it figured out though, at the time.
It is unfortunate that you can't remember, but thanks for responding. It must be a simple quirk in the system which allows only a single image in one's signature. For now, I'll leave my "provinces visited" map in my signature line - instead of the "states visited" - as evidence that I have experienced, and enjoyed, many of the wonders of our neighbor to the north.

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
You should be able to use Photoshop or other photo editing program to merge more than one image into just one image that you can put into your signature.
That is probably what I had my friend do and he then emailed the new image to me.

Bike
None
STOC #
Bob - That might be an easy thing for a tech guy to do, but not so easy for those of us with only rudimentary technical skills. So, unless someone can come up with a simpler way to beat the "one image" glitch in the system, I'll leave things the way they are. Thanks anyway. Carl

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
Carl,
If you can email the 2 images, I'll put them together, into one image and email it back. My email is in my profile.

Ride Safe
John and Janis

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bob - That might be an easy thing for a tech guy to do, but not so easy for those of us with only rudimentary technical skills. So, unless someone can come up with a simpler way to beat the "one image" glitch in the system, I'll leave things the way they are. Thanks anyway. Carl
That's OK. I wasn't intending to imply it was easy for anyone in particular. Just suggesting the likely way it is done. Nashcat has an offer to help there and most people I know would not really know how to do this without this kind of help. Once you do have a single image of all the desired maps you can then edit that one same as any of the individual images... if that is what you were doing.

Top Bottom