2015 Africa Twin Confirmed

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Unfortunate, I would like to see something to compete with the Tenere or GS put forward by Honda. This looks a little too off roadie... is that a word?

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Unfortunate, I would like to see something to compete with the Tenere or GS put forward by Honda. This looks a little too off roadie... is that a word?
Honda already has that, it's called the Crosstourer.. why they don't bring it to the States beats me, I probably would have gotten that before he tenere.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
After having a couple chain drive bikes in addition to the ST I wouldn't mind a chain if they keep it around 500 lbs wet. Modern chains are pretty easy to live with.

By the time we add the ever popular trail ready metal luggage to popular 1200 class adv bikes they are pushing 625 lbs and are tall.

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Strange, I can't figure Honda out. It seems that the large on road dual sport (Tenere, GS) is a much hotter segment then the more off road capable dual sport market that this would seem to be (KTM). I feel like Honda is giving me the cold shoulder and Yamaha is hitting on me... (FJR, Tenere)

Reginald

cyclepoke
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
Well it looks like Honda is getting serious about the ADV market. That market looks fragmented into street and offroad biased versions. Like Joe I can't figure why Honda hasn't released the Crosstouer or Crossrunner yet. MotorcycleUSA confirms a USA 2016 release and a Late summer release for Europe. Maybe Honda will release the VFR1200X with the Africa Twin (CFR1000L).

The Africa Twin Looks to be a great bike with a serious off road bias. We'll see when it's reviewed.

Here's a pic.
honda-crf1000l-africa-twin-5.jpg

thumperjdm

Naty Von Ozirisz 1997-2011
Bike
'15 Trophy SE
Honda already has that, it's called the Crosstourer.. why they don't bring it to the States beats me, I probably would have gotten that before he tenere.
Same here. If the Crosstourer was available here, I never would have test-ridden my Triumph Explorer. Now all of my Hondas are gone, replaced by two Triumphs. Sorry Soichiro, a guy can only wait so long for a company to come around!

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Same here. If the Crosstourer was available here, I never would have test-ridden my Triumph Explorer. Now all of my Hondas are gone, replaced by two Triumphs. Sorry Soichiro, a guy can only wait so long for a company to come around!
I am waiting for the CrossRunner. Might replace my Wee 650. I too have no more Hondas in the garage. In my family, I have two Yamahas, and two Suzukies. While my Daughter and SIL have two Yamahas and one Suzuki and the token Honda NC700X. Use to be all we had was Hondas, and a Kawasaki thrown in for good measure.;)

Bike
Vstrom 650
I am waiting for the CrossRunner. Might replace my Wee 650
I think the new Africa Twin might be a better bike, 1000cc and no vtec to worry about, I have read over here that they may be releasing 2 versions of the new AT, street and a more off road version,If I win the lotto tonight I'll be buying a new crosstourer and a new Africa Twin:D looking forward to seeing the new AT in the flesh,and the reviews.

Top Bottom