If you see my ST

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Well, that is a very good resolution to the case! Hope your old twisted back didn't suffer any serious damage.

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
+1 to all the congratulations on a successful and (mostly) intact recovery.

Hope your back mends quickly so you can set about enjoying it again soon.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Bike was found 35 miles away in Sherwood Ar. Right side case scratched and right side panel has a 6" tear which I believe was damaged from towing company. Easy to fix. The license plate, registration, insurance cards and keys were missing along with the tool kit. local police called and the plate, registration and insurance card was found in the person they think stole the bike driveway, so I have them. The plate is SD623 and red marker used to change to 688. Bike had been ridden 146 miles. Not to bad of shape for a stolen bike.

I still believe and so do the police I had been scouted and the perp figured he had an expensive bike. I believe he found out he had a non movable/marketable bike without the title and no market for parts and abandoned it on the road.

When rolling the bike down the ramp off the trailer it fell over half way down. I was able to keep the bike from falling off the ramp and righted it. The bars twisted in the clamps from holding and picking the bike straight. I was by myself and didn't want it to hit the ground upside down. I'm feeling the strain, but it'll feel better when it quits hurtin'. I think if it had weighed a pound more it would have hit the ground. this old man was maxed out.
I'm glad you got the bike back with so little damage. Take care of yourself, I hope you heal quickly.

A friend forwarded me one of those internet posts full of helpful hints. I usually ignore them, but this one had some good ideas. It said not to leave registration in the glove box of your car because if the car is stolen, the thief now has your address and garage door opener. Same for your insurance card. Since you said the bike was stolen from your house, this is maybe a moot point, but an alarm installer friend told me years ago that once thieves break into a house and clean you out, they are likely to return some months later to score the replaced (now new) items they took - TV's stereos, etc. I don't know if this is true today, but a friend had insurance cancelled after a break in - claim was not covered by the insurance company but the policy was cancelled 6 weeks later. The reason given: my friend had had a break in. Keep your eyes open and take care!

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Glad you got it back after all the work you put into it. That is one unique bike.

Cunados

STexan 1300
Bike
2013 Yamaha XTZ1200
Ralph - sorry to learn of your experience. My ST was stolen almost a year ago. When you get her back in shape we need to go for a ride.

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I would never in a million years think anyone would steal this bike. Maybe a joyrider that saw it parked withe the key in it. Not going through a gate into a backyard enclosed building and it wasn't easy to get out of the back. I later found that the thief/thieves tried to hot wire my '93 Mazda Miata. My home is surrounded by trees and she saw a man walking through the trees to his truck. I think someone scouted the bike out and thought it was a BMW or some exotic high dollar bike as it did look good and very different. there was not a Honda badge on the bike anywhere. Many people would ask me what it was. I figure the bike is going to a chop shop and boy are they going to be mad when they find the parts are worth very little.

yes, Fali I did make that statement in the context of riding back from Ferrystoc a couple of years ago, stopping at a gas station 120 miles from home thinking that if someone jumped on it my wife would have to come get me and I could make the last 120 miles in the car:)

The bike was worth more to me than I could sell it for or insurance would pay, because I built it like I wanted it and there is not another exactly like it on the planet. heck I think Honda saw a picture of mine and then designed the CTX.
Glad you got your bike back and hopefully you have recovered by now. Just wanted to say we missed you at FerrySTOC, it would have been great to have another source of Arkansas humor other than Bug's. ;). Hopefully see you around at one of the the events.

ESB

STRIDER
Bike
'07 ST 1300
U'd B surprised - or maybe not - at how many people and teams are watching us pull our Bikes into our Neighborhoods AND Driveways.
Mototsports is a big target, and these crews are working all over, trying to boost as much as quickly as possible.
I try to stay as alert as I can, in and out of the Neighborhood.
Good to see U got the Ride back. Keep an eye out, and lock everything !

Last edited:
Top Bottom