Minuteman 1000, New England

Bike
2006 ST1300
I was going over the rider list for the 2015 Minuteman 1000, also known as the 24 Hours of New England, and noticed the rider entries are down from previous years. I'm surprised as this is a very fun rally and a great way to see a lot of New England. I would like to appeal to those with any interest in rallies to seriously consider participating in this rally. It is set up to appeal to new participants as well as rally veterans.

For those unaware of how motorcycle endurance rallies work, think of them like a scavenger hunt on steroids. You will be e-mailed a bonus listing a few days before the rally. These bonuses all have various point values. Your job is to create a route which will get you as many points as possible. The Minuteman is a 24 hour rally with an optional (large points for it) 2 hour rest bonus, leaving 22 hours of riding.

Along with the rally itself your entry fee entitles you to a delicious pre-rally banquet the night before the start, during which time you will be given further information and any adjustments the Rally Master has come up with. After the rally there will be a breakfast and awards ceremony.

Another option is to participate in the Minuteman SS1K route. This is a pre established route with certain required stops where you will obtain fuel receipts or other requirements, and once completed, you will be awarded with an Iron Butt Association Saddlesore 1000 certificate for completing 1000+ miles in 24 hours. You will automatically become a member of the Iron Butt Association.

For further information please visit the Minuteman 1000 web site:

http://www.minuteman1000.com/

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
I won't be able to make it this year, I will be in North Carolina that weekend. It is a fun time and a great experience! Good luck jim and have fun!

Top Bottom