OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Well, are you heading out today? Or, are you already out? I'm eager to see and hear how things are going. Both with the trip in general and your experience with camping. I'm still a new camper and love to hear how others make things work out well, or not.
Yes. I'm out.
Actually, right now I'm in - in a campground. After around 280 miles. Dropped the bike after just an hour of riding, but broke only right plastic around the mirror. Already fixed by duct tape :D
Wireless sucks even I'm sitting just below the router so uploading an image would be bad idea. Tomorrow I plan to sleep at a hotel - more luck with internet and posting images.

OP
OP
Afan

Afan

... and this is my real name.
Bike
1998 ST1100
STOC #
Sorry I didn't read all the advice but looking at the weather this weekend packing a rainsuit might be valuable.
On the top of everything. :D
I think I'm safe tomorrow. Sunday and Monday are problematic.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
Bummer on the drop. Now you're in the other group of riders (There are those who will drop it and those who have). Glad there wasn't any more damage to you or the bike than the mirror cover. That was the newer of the two on the bike. I replaced that one as part of the insurance coverage when I low sided in 2010. Bought it at CheapCycleParts.com for the best price at that time. It was an OEM Honda part. Not a show stopper for sure. Good idea to alternate campground - motel - etc. along the way on the first long trip. Get your bearings about the whole camping thing better that way without too much immersion into it. Looking forward to some photos of the trip. :)

docw1

Bill Rankin
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Welcome to the dropped-bike club. I dropped my ST1100 so many times I lost count. I repaired my mirror covers, sometimes more than once. If you have all the pieces, repairing them isn't so hard, and you learn some new skills.

Top Bottom