My first farkle!

Bike
1995 ST100
STOC #
After buying my first ST1100 this spring and joining this group, which is a great resource, I soon learned what a Farkle is. My first Farkle was to install a Pendle Parking brake made by Tony Worrall. I'm sure this is not new to the ST community but wanted to say what a great product he has, fast delivery from the UK to US and a pleasure to do business with.IMG_2297.JPG

My second Farkle is a Ram mount for phone/GPS

IMG_2299.JPG

Also, thanks to this site and group as I learned of these items browsing this forum.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Well done! Farkling is a pretty serious disease... you're hooked now, no going back! ;)

Bike
2010 ST1300
+1 You're infected. Better give your wife your wallet and credit cards or lock them up in a safety deposit box....

OP
OP
dbuck44
Bike
1995 ST100
STOC #
Great day today! Farkle #3 came in the mail today.... MCL throttle miester, heavy weight, polished.

IMG_2307.JPG

I also took the time to adjust the Heli bars that came with the bike, WHAT a difference, feels like a new bike, lighter!!!

STripper

Brian
Bike
2005 ST1300A
I don't consider farkling to be a disease. It's more of a habitual hobby.

Okay, it's a disease. Welcome to the ward, my name is Brian...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
You've taken a step down the Slippery Slope.

We'll be waiting at the bottom for ya.

Last edited:

STrangr

Mike O.
Bike
2007 St-1300 Abs
STOC #
A disease indeed. I had a cbr600f4i which I started adding farkles to in order to make it more comfortable for touring. I ended up buying my first st1300 a month ago and within that month I added (deep breath) 2 usb ports, a GPS, xm radio, aqua box for cell phone, 2 ram mounts, an arkin mount on the bar (for GPS), throttlemeister, heated grips, grip puppies, ran power to the top box, a 12v lighter socket in top box, a 110v transformer in topbox, hardwire GPS cable, hardwire xm cable, sae plug from battery (for battery tender/jump start), an FZ-1 Fuzeblock to connect all the farkles, and a backrest for the wife, and that's on top of the saddleman seats and helibars that came on the bike and the cardo headset Bluetooth that was already in my helmet.A disease? yeah indeed... (no cure in site).

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbuck44
Bike
1995 ST100
STOC #
We race sports cars so I get the addiction thing, now I have another expensive habit. I have many farkles to do but the next one I need to do this weekend is a power outlet. I use my phone for music and GPS and the battery didn't make the whole ride today. I refuse to shorten my rides...

Bike
2019 Goldwing Tour
Love the comments... I have tried hard to not get to close to that edge myself but looking back I see I'm actually past... :shrug2:

OP
OP
dbuck44
Bike
1995 ST100
STOC #
So the farkle bug struck again.... got the power outlet wired, have it zipped tied up at the handle bars until I decide on a permanent mount and location. I will be scouring the forums for ideas!!.

The big bug was a communication system, have been using a corded Chatterbox I've had around for years, with no option for bike to bike. I looked up the latest and greatest Chatterbox and was concerned with the poor review compared to what people said about the Sena SMH-10. I asked my buddy and fellow ST'er to pick up the dual pack from the cycle world near him and was surprised to find out he bought himself one. He rides to get away from the phone, and I agree but I-pod and ear buds suck and the wife hated the cords.

I know most of you know this but those things are great!!

So the farkle bug struck again.... got the power outlet wired, have it zipped tied up at the handle bars until I decide on a permanent mount and location. I will be scouring the forums for ideas!!.

The big bug was a communication system, have been using a corded Chatterbox I've had around for years, with no option for bike to bike. I looked up the latest and greatest Chatterbox and was concerned with the poor review compared to what people said about the Sena SMH-10. I asked my buddy and fellow ST'er to pick up the dual pack from the cycle world near him and was surprised to find out he bought himself one. He rides to get away from the phone, and I agree but I-pod and ear buds suck and the wife hated the cords.

I know most of you know this but those things are great!!
I had a set of scala rider system and it wasn't very good. couldn't listen to music unless plugged in by cord and VOX always stayed on due to wind. I got the Sena 20 and while I don't like taking phone calls I have to from time to time and the reception is clear. the people on the other end have told me they had no idea I was on a motorcycle and I ride with a 3/4 open face helmet.

The main reason I got the sena 20 was to stream country music off of my phone. Nothing better than cruising (at the speed limit of course) while listening to Hank or Waylon

Top Bottom