Best cell phone mount

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Where did you get your reservoir cover?
There's the RAM brand. Info courtesy of Uncle Phil when I was setting up my Chinavision GPS last year.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]RAM Mount Motorcycle Extended Reservoir Cover Base
Mfr. P/N: RAM-B-346U [/FONT]

Bike
1993 ST1100
Ditto on the Ram mounts. I've had one in my Freightliner M2 for a couple years. That thing bounces like a mad bull sometimes and the phone has never dislodged. Added one front and center on the ST bars this week.

Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
I will have to put in a disclaimer to my earlier post. Last week rode down to see RUSH in Alpharetta during which I encountered a small monsoon. This must have let water into the rubber posts that fit to the phone as after the concert I proceeded to Commerce when my phone goes flying off the bike, onto the interstate to become a speed bump for several 18-wheelers. Due to work, not had the opportunity to e-mail customer service to see about a replacement for the mount etc. Had to buy a new phone also.
Found after stopping that two of the rubber pieces had come loose and were gone. Any suggestions such as sealant, glue to prevent this happening next time?!

Bike
2005 ST1300
I remember reading someone recommending we should glue those rubber pieces. I better do it right away. Unfortunate about your phone and thanks for posting.

Bike
1991 st1100
I would recommend some shoe goo for securing the rubber pieces. It's strong as hell and slightly flexible. I am picking up an x-mount tonight and thanks to smashes story I will be gluing it right away.

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
I would recommend some shoe goo for securing the rubber pieces. It's strong as hell and slightly flexible. I am picking up an x-mount tonight and thanks to smashes story I will be gluing it right away.
Guess I better glue mine too! Thanks for the tips.

Bike
'12 GL1800
STOC #
I just installed the RAM-HOL-UN7BU & I have a question. Is the mount supposed to rotate, maybe 20 deg., when the phone is installed?

John

Bike
2010 ST1300
I've found shoe goo on eBay - but not locally. 3M makes a variety of contact cements and auto parts stores have a number of different glues for attaching rubber weather stripping to cars. Any of these should work fine to attach those little rubber bumpers to the 'X' mount. Try using a toothpick to push some of the glue into the rubber bumper.

Bike
1991 st1100
Yeah there's lots of stuff that will work just fine. I ended up using "amazing GOOP" thought I had shoe too but I didn't. I just cut the end off a q-tip and used that to shove some in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom