Close Call - Yikes!!

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Unfortunately, this is an all too familiar event if you spend a lot of time on two wheels. Study shows, drives just DO NOT see us! Drive like everyone is out to get you! This is exactly why I am running a continuous loop camera recording every minute on the road now. Had a similar event not long ago. The driver started the turn, noticed me at the last second, screeched to a stop and left me about four feet of pavement to make the left hand sweeper I was leaned over for. If I had not made it and ran off the pavement, he could have left the scene and there would be no evidence... hence the camera I now have.

Last edited:

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Glad he was able to dodge that cage!

I find that my headlight modulator pretty much eliminates close calls like that!

Bike
VFR800
Glad he was able to dodge that cage!

I find that my headlight modulator pretty much eliminates close calls like that!
Amen Brother. The headlight modulator has made me way more visible and I know it works well. It's a cheap investment and legal in all 50 states.

I still do have close calls on a frequent basis, but the modulator helps tremendously. Most of the people that I've had close calls with are texting. Can't wait till that becomes illegal in OK this November.

Top Bottom