New to me Wee in the stable

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Well, after lusting for this bike for awhile and recently selling my 03 ST1100P, I knew it was time to get one. Found a couple of them, one in Austin and one in north Dallas. Looked at the one in north Dallas first as it was the Adventure model. Was able to take it out for a short spin and WOW, blow me away. So made the deal from Joe Speed Motorsports on Thursday and went back up yesterday to pick it up. On the way up is was raining like crazy on the south side of Ft Worth and Carole asked if I wanted to wait til Saturday to go. Further up north it looked clear so we continued on. It did clear up a few miles later and was clear all the way to north Dallas. Signed all the paper work and headed toward home. Coming across the 820 it was starting to get dark and I knew I was in for it. Yup, just as I was getting close to I-35W it let loose. I finally stopped and put on my rain jacket and continued on. Got back on south side of Ft Worth and it had quit.

So know it's home in the garage and I was really impressed with the ride home. Plenty of zip and quite smooth. Need to get to know it a little more but I feel it's gonna be a good replacement for the ST.

Still have the Wing and Lees-ure Lite camping trailer and will use those on my longer trips but this Wee will do just fine for around the area.

Attachments

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Well, after lusting for this bike for awhile and recently selling my 03 ST1100P, I knew it was time to get one. Found a couple of them, one in Austin and one in north Dallas. Looked at the one in north Dallas first as it was the Adventure model. Was able to take it out for a short spin and WOW, blow me away. So made the deal from Joe Speed Motorsports on Thursday and went back up yesterday to pick it up. On the way up is was raining like crazy on the south side of Ft Worth and Carole asked if I wanted to wait til Saturday to go. Further up north it looked clear so we continued on. It did clear up a few miles later and was clear all the way to north Dallas. Signed all the paper work and headed toward home. Coming across the 820 it was starting to get dark and I knew I was in for it. Yup, just as I was getting close to I-35W it let loose. I finally stopped and put on my rain jacket and continued on. Got back on south side of Ft Worth and it had quit.

So know it's home in the garage and I was really impressed with the ride home. Plenty of zip and quite smooth. Need to get to know it a little more but I feel it's gonna be a good replacement for the ST.

Still have the Wing and Lees-ure Lite camping trailer and will use those on my longer trips but this Wee will do just fine for around the area.
Now you need to come out here so we can go ride here.View attachment 164482

paulcb

- - - Tetelestai - - - R.I.P. - 2022/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
'97/'01 ST1100 ABSII
STOC #
Congrats Gary! Look forward to seeing it some day.

Bike
2010 Honda NT700V
Great bike IMO. That little Wee can be habit forming! I now ride my 2009 Wee more than my Honda NT700.
Congrats! You're gonna love it.
WOW! Exactly what I thought when taking the '09 out for a test run down river road next to the Mississippi River three years ago.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Just a little heads up about the Wee, the stator has a history of failing... have helped a local friend replace the one on his. It failed while we were on a ride in West Virginia. It's not a hard job, just got to make sure it is sealed good where the wiring harness penetrates the stator cover.

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Congrats Gary!
It is a fun little bike to ride around! Hope you enjoy the heck out of it.
Is that a Madstad windscreen? I got the bracket and almost ordered their windscreen too. Looks like good wind protection.
If the boys and your butt have problems with the stock seat, I know of a good replacement.
Ride Safe.

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Congrats Gary!
It is a fun little bike to ride around! Hope you enjoy the heck out of it.
Is that a Madstad windscreen? I got the bracket and almost ordered their windscreen too. Looks like good wind protection.
If the boys and your butt have problems with the stock seat, I know of a good replacement.
Ride Safe.
Tim,
That is a Madstad windshield. Also have the stock one with the lip. This one is wider and a little taller and seems to do a good job.

Had my first troubleshoot on it. Keep getting a F1 back and forth with the mileage bringing it home. Found how to put it in dealer mode and got code C44-oxygen sensor. Called local Zuke shop, don't have one, can order. Ouch-$250. Will be calling the shop I bought it from next week.

Wish the Wing was this easy to troubleshoot?

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Surprised sensor has gone south already. Would definitely call the place I purchased from.
Is this a 2012? Can't remember the first year for the Adventure model.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Tim,
That is a Madstad windshield. Also have the stock one with the lip. This one is wider and a little taller and seems to do a good job.

Had my first troubleshoot on it. Keep getting a F1 back and forth with the mileage bringing it home. Found how to put it in dealer mode and got code C44-oxygen sensor. Called local Zuke shop, don't have one, can order. Ouch-$250. Will be calling the shop I bought it from next week.

Wish the Wing was this easy to troubleshoot?
Gary check the connector for the sensor. Maybe it is loose or just dirty.

Bike
2013 650 vSTrom
STOC #
Just a little heads up about the Wee, the stator has a history of failing... have helped a local friend replace the one on his. It failed while we were on a ride in West Virginia. It's not a hard job, just got to make sure it is sealed good where the wiring harness penetrates the stator cover.
Gary, one of the very first things you might want to do (IF it hasn't been done) is to get the Eastern Beaver H4 dual headlight relay. It will solve most issues with adding any electrical farkles. There is a heated gear connector on the left side and a 1.9 amp electrical connector for your gps on the right. Jim also sells the pigtails for these connectors.
I really like my 2013 wee, and after selling my ST1300, I had no regrets. Loved the ST for what it was, but enjoy the lighter wee better, for my needs! Enjoy [emoji106]

Sent from my Galaxy 2014

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
Congrats on the new Wee. You will fit right in at STOC events......there were four Wees at FerrySTOC. There would've been five but Della was in the car transporting food.
Mike

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Great on the Wee, what all makes it a ADV model?

Enough of us have the DS bikes now that we need another Ranchstoc this summer with the DS bikes.

Raymond

Edit: or I've been wanting to ride the White Rim trail around Moab on the KLR. anyone else?

OP
OP
gmast1100

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Great on the Wee, what all makes it a ADV model?
Enough of us have the DS bikes now that we need another Ranchstoc this summer with the DS bikes.
Raymond?
Raymond-guessing it's an Adventure because of the bags, big mothas, and crash bars.
I'm up for a summer RanchSTOC and could bring my Wee?
Gary

Top Bottom