Cobra JumPack - A must for All Long Distance Rides

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Last night my Son and DIL came by to drop off my truck. Katy started talking about a device the size of a cellphone (okay just a little bigger -fatter- than one) that could jump start a car. Brett brought it in to show me! WOW, so compact and it can charge you cell phone (or other devices as well). It also contains a small flashlight that has three setting. On, Flash and SOS.

So, I bought it from her and she'll be getting another one from her work (where they sell them).

CobraJumPack.jpg

It has starting current of 200A and 400A peak current, also contains a 7,500 mAh battery with a 2.1 Amp USB output.

cobra-jumpack

Don't leave home, on a long trip without it!

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Now go out to your garage, leave the key/headlight on, to your bike on for a couple of hours. Run the battery down and then jump start with your Jumpak. Then give us a real world test synopsis.

Last edited:

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow that looks interesting, now as the others have said get out to your garage and give it a real test. :D

OP
OP
SupraSabre

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
Oh the skeptics! I tested the flash light, what more could you ask for?

Besides, all three of my batteries are pretty new, I'm not about to run one of them down just to prove it works for skeptics!

Next time I'm with my brother and his battery dies (has happened twice now), I'll try it out then... :rofl1:

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
Some of us have finally learned from our mistakes, stop shut off engine and not turn the key off, 30 minutes later your pushing it to start. It's a heavy bike to be pushing. I now carry jumper cables but this may be a cool addition.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
Now go out to your garage, leave the key/headlight on, to your bike on for a couple of hours. Run the battery down and then jump start with your Jumpak. Then give us a real world test synopsis.
Yep... :lol:
I get the "charge your USB-device" part, works nice on smart-phones, tabloids and smaller digital cameras... such "aux batteries" are sold everywhere now...

Reviving a motorcycle with flat battery from 7500mAh? Probably not more then a "blip" from the starter there...

MajorTom

QuickBlue
STOC #
Some of us have finally learned from our mistakes, stop shut off engine and not turn the key off, 30 minutes later your pushing it to start. It's a heavy bike to be pushing. I now carry jumper cables but this may be a cool addition.
Or stop at the scene of an accident, turn off the key and leave the four way flashers on. Lucky I had help to jump start. :D Let me know if you find a local supplier Rob.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I have something similar for my phone and laptop. The problem is it sits and I forget to charge it.

Bike
'99 ST1100
STOC #
If you could discharge the battery completely, 7500 milliampere-hour would give you 400A peak current for a bit more than 60 seconds.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
If you could discharge the battery completely, 7500 milliampere-hour would give you 400A peak current for a bit more than 60 seconds.
Since most of us never have to spin the starter for anywhere near that long this puts a different perspective on these devices.

Remembering to keep it charged? :rofl1:

T_C

Bike
2005 St1300
STOC #
Umm.. not so much. The 7500 mah is measured at the 5v USB port, not the 12v port. I have a similar unit, claims 10 Ah capacity...I just couldn't figure out how they were getting 10Ah out of such a small package... no lithium cells I worked with or seen could pack that much power into that space and weight. Then it dawned on me... creative advertising. :think1:

Actually one web page I saw did explain it, they said they measured it there to show the consumers how many times they could possibly recharge a cell-phone or tablet.

Saint Joe

Joe
Bike
'12 ST1300A
I can't speak to this specific product but I bought a similar product, a Wagan iOnBoost? V8 by Wagan Tech? from Future Shop for my wife as a bit of a Christmas gag gift for her Harley.
About the same time, I had my Toyota 4Runner with a V6 3.4 litre in the shop for service and they phoned to tell me I needed a new battery. I figured I could get one for a fraction of the cost from Costco so I told them to not replace it. A day or two later when I went to remote start my 4Runner in 30 below (Celsius) my 4R wouldn't start, so rather than boosting it with another vehicle, I tried this gadget and my little 4R fired right up. I was pretty impressed, and even had to use it a 2nd time to start my 4R to get home from a shopping centre, until I could finally get my old 4R battery replaced. It does come in a neat little case with chargers, and cables and all, that's about the size of a bigger, thicker paperbook.

What I have: http://www.wagan.com/wagan-tech/power-supplies/ionboost-v8.html
And a couple of pics with a Blackberry beside it for size comparison.

Attachments

Top Bottom