Mr. Donaldson - R.I.P. 10/15/2014

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Thanks for all the photos Carole. I wasn't able to come pay my respects, but the photos seem almost like you're there...

Last edited:
Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Ok, I'm one day late posting this, forgive me. To date there have been 11 donations totaling $450.00. I'm told another in on the way ($50). With that good news, we can order two bricks, one with Bob's Air Force service and another with his Army service. Will let you know when the order is placed. All those who submitted checks, I will finally cash them... sorry for the delay.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
One year ago today I was on my way to DinkieSTOC. That was our friend Bob Donaldson's last STOC event. I sure miss visiting with him.
Rest in peace Bob.

Bike
ST1300A, TracerGT
One year ago today I was on my way to DinkieSTOC. That was our friend Bob Donaldson's last STOC event. I sure miss visiting with him.
Rest in peace Bob.
Almost every time I ride I think about him.

I almost rode to Chattanooga from the BRG to see him in the hospital, but didn't think I'd be able to get into the hospital to see him. I wish I had, even if I couldn't get in.
He had had enough of this world by that time and was ready to reunite with his wife. RIP, Bob!

OP
OP
Dinkie Diesel

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
Keith, I would have completely forgotten about this weekend last year being DinkieSTOC. I felt so horrible hearing Bob in the bedroom coughing, it was the kind of cough that hurts and you can't know if the air is going to flow back into your body or not. Terrible, terrible situation. Who else have you ever met that would endure sitting in a cold garage with a bunch of hoodlums in as bad of medical condition as he was and have a cup of bug juice to boot? Great friend! I'll be sure to propose a toast to my buddy Saturday night.:beer3::pray1:

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
I was lucky enough to ride to my first Dinkie STOC with Bob, Doug, Bill , And Randy. What a great time we had! :). Last year when we rolled,in late Thursday evening he was one of the first to come out and greet all of us, it's hard to believe how bad of a turn he took in a couple days! I remember giving him a hug saying good bye and reminding him to take his meds on time....
I have nothing but good memories of Bob, loved his easy going attitude and welcoming smile that rarely left him.
I'll also lift a toast for him Saturday night.

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Bob was one of those special people we rarely meet in life. I'm a better man for having known him and learned from him.

He may be down the road ahead of us somewhere, but I hope to ride and BS with him again when my time comes. He won't be forgotten by any of us who spent time with him.

I'll be having some crown royal in his name come the weekend. A toast to Bob and the memories of the times shared.

Bigmak96

R.I.P. - 2021/08/07
Rest In Peace
Bike
04 GL1800 Past tense
STOC #
I miss Bob.
I figure the remaining Crown, from the Memorial Ride, will last me a few years. I plan to have a shot each year to honor him.
R.I.P. Mr. Donaldson.

acedantinne

Site Supporter
Bike
04-st1300, 15-1200RT
STOC #
Thanks, I read them all. Pretty sad. It's been a few years that Bob's white wing has not been in our garage. We miss him. His picture from last visit here in Pa. hangs on the fridge. What a heck of a nice man to be friend with.
We too have a bottle of Crown Royal. Knowing Bob was coming Sue would make sure there was enough. Bob & Sue would have drink at night.
When ever I get back on the road? Will stop by His special spot there in Florida & say hi.

Top Bottom